Client: Global Telecom Company
Products/Services: Telecommunications providers to the world’s largest MNCs covering fixed, unified communications solutions, hosting-based services
Area of Operation: Worldwide
The telecommunications company crafted a business plan to enter the US market for the first time as an MNVO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) for enterprise customers. The service was planned to be launched in less than nine months. This required low upfront investment and increased subscriber base over a period of three years.
The company wanted a partner that would help architecture design and implement the MNVO IT solution in a stipulated timeframe, at the same time the environment had to be designed securely. The entire AWS based environment needed to be secured with security controls and assurance levels that were similar or equivalent to that of datacentre deployments. The client had concerns and anxiety over data confidentiality, integrity and authenticity on account of moving to the cloud. Native/built-in security controls were inadequate to meet the client’s information security requirements.
The company selected Wipro as it’s IT and BPO solutions and services partner. Wipro leveraged its CloudTrust framework, which provides Defense in Depth approach covering governance, risk and compliance, security of infrastructure, and data and application on the cloud. A requisite resiliency was built in the client’s AWS environment. Wipro deliveredthese key components as part of the solution:
- Designed robust security architecture that provided protection to the client’s applications, data and infrastructure components on AWS
- Implemented network segmentation leveraging infrastructure security controls and workload protection policies
- Built layered security approach to ensure the entire cloud environment was monitored effectively from security perspective covering native and third-party security events
- Combined AWS native and industry best in class third party controls to align with the client’s overall business requirements and cloud security policy
- Provided multi-vendor security management services and on-going operations through its Cyber Defense Center
Wipro supported the client in launching their business plan in the US market within nine months and with required quality deliverables, on the AWS cloud. Custom parsers built by Wipro for security monitoring helped the client monitor their AWS environment for native and third party security controls. Wipro helped the company achieve 23% reduction in their operating expenditure in the first year of engagement. Specific areas of business impact included:
- Enhanced security assurance for business due to solution alignment with overall security policy and data privacy compliance requirements
- Better accountability and ownership with Wipro being the single solution and service provider for the security needs in the AWS and on premise security services
- Reduced complexity of managing workloads and security concerns in the AWS Cloud environment
"Wipro delivered best in class AWS cloud based security solution comprising of native and third party security controls to meet customer’s business needs and controls requirements. Wipro built custom integrations between AWS and SIEM solution to meet specific security requirements for customer and helped in reducing the operational cost of security management" - Sudheesh Babu, General Manager & Head of Strategy and M&A, Cybersecurity & Risk Services, Wipro Ltd.