- Client: A leading road and public infrastructure safety agency
- Industry: Government
- Products or services: Builds and maintains road infrastructure and manages the day-to-day compliance and safety for roads and waterways
- Area of operations: Australia
- Number of employees: Over 6,000
The client wanted to securely migrate its 150+ sensitive business applications to the AWS cloud. They needed a trusted advisor to help build a strategy to securely migrate and operationalize business applications and associated workloads.
While the client wanted to move its workloads to AWS cloud, one of the outcomes to be achieved was to reduce administrative overheads with centralized management of policies and compliance reporting. The need was to realize benefits of cloud at reduced costs with optimal efficiency.
The client also wanted to quick-start on AWS by ensuring AWS-ready security monitoring and incident response capabilities with latest use cases. They wanted to extend their capability to identify application security vulnerabilities and identify risks before go-live while managing the evolving need of stringent compliance and regulatory requirements.
Wipro, as a trusted advisor, enabled the client on their cloud journey by performing end-to-end AWS security strategy and architecture design for hosting modernized business applications. Wipro established and operationalized Security Operations Centre (SOC) and vulnerability management capabilities on AWS. The key aspects of the solution include:
- Built strategy to migrate business applications to AWS with the principles of Secure by Design.
- Securely migrated cloud candidate applications and workloads to AWS following AWS Well Architected Framework and cloud security best practices.
- Established centralized SOC to detect, correlate, and respond to security events for sensitive assets.
- Developed use cases and enabled their continuous optimization aligned with security monitoring requirements and compliance standards like ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, CIS benchmark, NIST, etc.
- Ongoing enhancements of SIaaS (Security Intelligence as a Service) threat detection coverage, on-boarded cloud native technologies via API and various other integration methods to completely align with ongoing cloud migration strategy.
- Deployed VMaaS (Vulnerability Management as a Service) leveraging leading Vulnerability management solution to automate scan of entire AWS environment.
Wipro’s security solution and advisory enabled shift-left approach for secure application migration to AWS in a short time frame. Wipro’s security strategy and solutions enhanced security posture and enabled reduction in the threat landscape. Some of the other benefits were:
- Rapid applications development and migration at scale through Security-First approach in cloud migration and transformation program. Early identification of security risks and timely remediation resulted in faster migration to AWS.
- Security and privacy enforcement, complying to regulatory mandates
- Cybersecurity and threat posture visibility to management across cyber defense, in-depth controls of AWS and hybrid cloud setup
- Turnkey threat detection and response solution resulted in enhanced ability to respond to potential security breaches