A large mapping and geographical services company
Products & Services:
Mapping and navigation products
Area of Operation:
The client was looking for a partner to setup large data curation, data quality and support operations in a very short timeline to enable a product launch. This included support in areas such as map creation, update and maintenance, navigation layer updating, and diagnoses, reporting and resolution of end user-flagged changes validation.
- The multi-level support to the operations team included data analysis, critical reasoning, and quality review
- Overall operational analysis requirements covered the areas of Data Curation Operations and Research Based Operations
Wipro partnered with the client to transition operations of over 2000 FTE with complete ownership of the program and delivery management. Operational support was provided in multiple languages for research, data investigations, and document updates.
Data Curation Operations: Image interpretation, data changes (road and building geometry, road interconnections, travel restrictions, corrected locations), server work unit issue management, policy review and management, discrepancy/detail checking and overall quality reviews were provided.
Research Based Operations: Additional services were delivered on two levels.
- First level included user comments and actions interpretation, problem troubleshooting, and change management.
- The second level included services such as internal teams’ escalations management, working on easing out map search/rendering/directions on the end-user applications, failure analysis, mapping tools management, and other complex mapping services.
Wipro helped the client achieve its goals in the stipulated time as time to market was key for business. Performance benchmarking and baselining helped achieve excellence.
- Set up 2000+ FTE operations within three months which reduced the time to market for the client’s online offering by 30%.
- Transition of operations without material interruption or any effect to business continuity – this included a 70% rehire/rebadge plan for the FTE.
- Productivity of the map review process exceeded 100%, given the increase in number of operator fixes each day.
- Accuracy of the map review process was consistently greater than 98%, which was calculated on a weekly basis.
- Transformation plan includes reduction of FTE by 25% over three years using in-house GIS platform optimization tools such as Map Editors, 3D Annotators.