Client: A large steel manufacturer
Areas of operations: Europe and US
Number of Employees: Over 10,000
The client wanted a state-of-the-art system to automate and optimize their transportation planning and execution. They had manual processes for invoicing, load sheet, way bill and MBOL creation, leading to inefficiencies and delays. The client also needed dock scheduling for inbound and outbound trailers along with network planning and optimization. There were internal and external costs involved due to a lack of sync between sourcing and planning across plants.
They decided to implement and rollout Blue Yonder Transportation Management System (TMS) across the organization, including France, Germany and Spain.
Wipro partnered with the steel manufacturing company and deployed the JDA 2018.1 Version on Cloud. The implementation included Transportation Planner solution to optimize the loads based on the utilization factor configured.
- Implemented a standard module of Track and Trace to log the activities of the equipment and dynamic load updates till a proof of delivery status. An easily configurable what-if scenario analysis tool with standard Blue Yonder TMS was implemented to generate an optimal network plan
- Executed centralized planning through Blue Yonder TMS and decentralized execution with a seamless integration between the TMS and ERP (SAP) system. We were also able to eliminate all manual processes and implemented an automatic document generation engine
- Configured trailer activities and linked to event monitoring module for effective gate management processes
- Using Transportation Smart Bench feature, we enabled ‘Day-in-the-life’ scenarios for all business users
- Provided automation-testing approach for regression testing cycles
- Currently, providing services as Application Maintenance Partner including- L1, L2 & L3 support for a period of 5 years
Wipro team was successful in eliminating the day-to-day mundane manual efforts of Logistics Planners. We were able to provide apt insights for a successful implementation and rollout.
- Effective handling of transportation planning and execution processes optimized planned efforts by 100%. This enabled reduction of expenses by 5%-8% annually
- Dynamic load updates enabled close to real time visibility of orders
- Improved asset utilization through effective strategies around optimizations rules for load building
- Reduced freight bill / invoicing errors by 40%
- Enabled freight cost optimizations in the range of 7% to 8% annually
- Optimized testing efforts by up to 15%