- Client: Non-profit engineering association
- Industry type: Professional association
- Products or services: Publications, conferences and standards
- Areas of operations: Global presence
One of the world’s largest technical professional services organizations needed to transform its finance, accounting, project, and procurement operations across its multinational footprint. The goals of this initiative were to simplify and standardize its cost structures, create timely financial reports, expedite financial period closures, and streamline its budgeting process.
Wipro paved the way for a comprehensive business transformation using its Zoom to Cloud methodology and Oracle ERP Cloud. Starting with a detailed global design, Wipro revitalized enterprise structures to carry out the services organization’s new project-centric approach and better reflect the diversity of its operations.
A redesigned chart of accounts enabled the global entity to enhance the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of its financial reporting. Meanwhile, Wipro transformed project operations by developing a completely revamped project structure and cost allocation rules. The organization maximized its buying power with centralized sourcing capabilities and benefitted from both a holistic view of customer orders and a standardized billing template across operations.
Using the Oracle ERP Cloud Suite, Wipro integrated the company’s governance and master data to enhance the management of ERP, financials, EPM, and purchasing activities.
- Highly automated period close and reconciliation operations
- Centralized budgetary planning, forecasting, and sourcing
- Greatly enhanced reporting and analytics
- 20% reduction in maverick spend