- Client name or descriptor: A leading provider of industrial automation platforms and test and measurement solutions
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Salesforce products used: Sales Cloud, CPQ, Service Cloud, FSL, Pardot, Experience Cloud
- Geography or area of operation: A $4 billion USD company with 19,000 employees in over 55 countries with 7 main regions. Key regional offices include Global HQ in Japan, South East Asia, Europe, Russia, Middle East and Africa, North America, South America, China, Korea, and India.
- Customers: Customers include a range of industries comprising oil, gas, chemicals, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and foods.
The enterprise’s business silos, fragmented systems, and immature global governance model were resulting in inconsistent customer data, disjointed processes, and a poor customer experience across business lines, regions, and functions (sales, marketing, and support).
Pandemic travel bans, language barriers, and resistance to change added to the challenge of harmonizing processes and requirements across business silos in 55 different countries.
Wipro deployed a round-the-clock, global consulting team that offered CX, industry, technology, and organizational change management expertise to unite CX-centric design practices with methodical process transformation and robust technology architecture.
Through a 21-week engagement, Wipro guided the client through our strategy framework of Discover, Define, and Design, focusing the lens on people, process, technology, and data. Our team executed over 400-plus process-transformation workshops and interviews, 25 personas and journey maps, 5 concept pilots, and other CX activities across all levels of the organization. The solutions we delivered enabled the client to build a foundation of understanding and prioritization, and harmonize key processes in sales, service, and marketing across the seven regions and four business lines.
Wipro’s proprietary process maturity and value measurement solution, PURVUE, was used to collect 3,000 pain points across the organization and prioritize capability investments across a three-year roadmap of innovation, defining an MVP and market rollout plan.
Our Organizational Change Management team participated throughout the discovery and definition stages and conducted change readiness surveys to measure regional and business line engagement/resistance. Multiple leadership engagement workshops were used to align regional and divisional leaders on change strategy and messaging, as well as communications, internal marketing and branding, training, and change agent network formation.
The Data and Integration Architecture teams inventoried and identified key data migrations, system integrations, and system retirements as part of the three-year transformation. The team also identified and planned key AppExchange and Wipro assets (i.e., Apex sharing and Contract Code snippets) and 150-plus accelerators from Wipro’s Cloud Management Console to accelerate the transformation roadmap.
Wipro also developed a Center of Excellence framework and governance structure to empower a centralized team to enable continuous value creation while prioritizing process enhancements, maintaining data quality, assessing impact and training needs, and measuring KPIs for the system of engagement.
We delivered the client a robust and actionable 3-year roadmap, a governance solution, and an OCM strategy designed to meet current and future global business objectives using PURVUE target metrics, prioritization, and value measures. Combined with this roadmap, Wipro generated a library of user stories to transition into an expedited MVP build to accelerate time to value. The forecasted business benefits defined within the roadmap include:
- 5.5% increase in order intake
- Includes an increased volume of sales tracked by the CRM, a higher number of leads converted to closed won orders, and increased salesperson and marketer engagement and activity.
- 15% increase in the number of leads
- Includes leads that upon “qualification” are converted into opportunities through greater rigor and the automation of tracking campaign efficiency and lead funnel.
- 17% increase in marketing and sales productivity
- Includes reduced routine operation time, a reduced amount of manual reporting and forecasting, and improved quality of contact, account, and opportunity data.
- 5% increase in product deals per customer site
- Includes an increase in revenue from up-sell and cross-sell activities at the customer site level, enabled through a proactive identification of customer needs based on the install base.
Additional benefits include:
- Streamlined business processes that improve standard operations and common workflows.
- Expanded access to project information and financial transactions for customers and business contacts.
- Reduced administrative overhead and maintenance costs associated with maintaining multiple systems and platforms.
- Improved data quality through point-of-entry controls and system integrations.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities, accuracy, and accessibility.
- Simplified communication and data sharing with external organizations according to business and policy needs.
- Increased customer satisfaction and brand experiences through faster response times, standardized processes, and increased availability of information.
- Improved processes to communicate with the right customers and provide them with the right information and offers at the right time through the right channels.