- Client name or descriptor: Top 5 U.S. Bank Holding Company and Financial Services Corporation
- Industry: Financial Services
- Products or services used: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, PURVUE, AI/bots
- Geography or areas of operations: Primarily United States
- Number of customers: More than 8 million consumers and small businesses
- Asset Management Group: $324 billion of assets under administration (as of 12/31/2020)
- Any other relevant details: Leading credit provider to middle market companies
As an international organization, the client relied on a mix of over 70 fragmented systems of record, resulting in customer-facing representatives and other employees being unable to quickly and effectively understand their customers’ needs. To execute sales and service transactions, team members were required to have multiple systems open at one time, toggling from one application to another, and in some cases without access to all necessary data. Most of these systems were not integrated and hindered the bank’s ability to deliver frictionless customer experiences across its range of digital and physical channels. These legacy systems also provided no scalability and impeded teams’ ability to collaborate.
Deciding that a 360-degree view of the customer was necessary to provide world-class customer service and improve internal operations, the company launched plans to replace its 15-year-old legacy system with Salesforce solutions.
After reviewing key business processes and assessing the organization’s infrastructure, we created a customized roadmap for process innovation and migration to a new solution. Through a combination of Salesforce Sales, Service, Marketing, and Community Cloud, Wipro developed a new sales and service platform to serve as the enterprise’s CRM system.
The solution (called EDGE – Employees Delivering a Great Experience) was designed for use by customer-facing employees handling both sales and service transactions, including account inquiries, maintenance, sales opportunities, and new deposit account openings.
One of the core tenants of this business process transformation was upskilling employees on the Salesforce platform and ensuring they would effectively adopt this new technology. Our team also provided strategy consulting, governance, and architecture services throughout our engagement.
The seamless enterprise sales and service platform we delivered enabled over 38,000 bank employees to provide a superior and differentiated omnichannel customer experience. The organization’s migration from its legacy system enabled them to benefit from a 360-degree view of the customer, leading to real-time actionable insights.
With Salesforce’s centralized data, customer-facing employees have the ability to provide quicker and more personalized customer service with up-to-date data covering every touchpoint with the customer. Each employee has greater visibility into customer activities with each department, and teams can better anticipate customer needs and create new business opportunities.
Our Salesforce solution also provided the following benefits:
- A single source of truth for the entire organization
- 360 customer views and expanded customer insights
- Accelerated customer services and sales cycles, leading to higher conversions
- Enhanced upsell/cross-sell opportunities, driving increased revenues
- Higher employee productivity with a single enterprise platform