- Client: Aviation services regulator in the Middle East
- Industry type: Government authority
Based in Middle East, an aviation services regulator handles some of the world’s highest air traffic, with volumes expected to grow at a 4.3% CAGR until 2039, higher than the global average. The organization recognize opportunities to invest in its IT applications and systems to ensure aircraft safety and uninterrupted navigation services amid this projected growth. By deploying a future-ready ERP system, the aviation services regulator could streamline and integrate all core enterprise processes, providing a single source of truth for business functions and delivering accurate, real-time information critical to all departmental processes.
Wipro learned through discussions with the regulator that its disparate departmental systems were heavily dependent on manual processes and required a high investment in maintenance. By deploying a cloud-based solution, the regulator could streamline and transform processes across business functions, improving the organization’s integration, efficiency, and agility.
Wipro migrated the company’s legacy ERP and other offline bespoke systems to Oracle Fusion Cloud. Cloud modules were implemented for Financials, Enterprise Planning and Budgeting, HCM, Supply Chain, Projects, Equipment Maintenance, and Enterprise Content Management. In addition, Wipro redesigned the regulator’s Chart of Accounts, automated several financial processes, and developed a scalable pricing strategy for new products, channels, and customers.
This implementation was accelerated using Wipro’s Zoom-to-Cloud framework and JumpStart Kit for business-process design, while Wipro HOLMES-QuMiC provided accelerated processing of bulk data.
- Data visibility across the entire purchasing cycle
- Reduced manual processes resulting in simplified reporting & reconciliation, leading to 8-10% increase in productivity of end users
- Empowered HR function with centrally managed recruitments, compensation designs, payroll administration, performance management and talent management
- 16% lower costs for ongoing support and maintenance