Client: Orient Cement, part of the CK Birla Group
Industry: Manufacturing & HiTech
Area of Operation: India
Employees: More than 900
At Orient Cement, Human Resource (HR) processes were manual, decentralized and managed by HR Business Partners (HRBPs); leading to dependencies, unreliable and inconsistent data, and non-availability of timely reports. A lack of data transparency and process decentralization across the group resulted in a limited insight into Orient Cement’s business needs and workforce skills.
In addition, processes like performance appraisal and recruitment were not streamlined due to lack of an updated HR Information System (HRIS). There was no provision for the workforce to focus on the right business objectives, update them on a regular basis, and receive timely feedback. Compensation processes were maintained manually, leading to inaccurate and inconsistent compensation data.
Wipro implemented SAP SuccessFactors HCM BizX suite, an integrated and robust best-in-class HCM Cloud solution, including industry-best practices to overcome the hurdles of the client’s manual and disconnected HR processes.
- Enabled a centralized HRIS system, controlled and managed with secured permissions to the HRBPs across plant locations with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central module
- Implemented SAP SuccessFactors’ Recruiting and Onboarding modules for streamlining recruiting process cycle
- Implemented Onboarding module to enable online hiring process with much lesser paperwork, and online maintenance and reporting of data
- Implemented Performance and Goal Management module along with Continuous Performance Management to reduce the gap between company strategies and business execution
- Delivered Learning Management System integrated with performance management, development goals and competency framework
- Implemented Workforce Analytics module to provide business leaders with better insight into the organization
Implementation of SAP SuccessFactors helped Orient Cement bring the workforce closer to the organization’s strategic business objectives, improve decision-making, and attract, develop and retain the right talent. Orient Cement now has a centralized HRIS system that is scalable and reliable.
- Transition from manual HR management to 100% automation
- Over 50% reduction in time taken by HRBPs on HR admin activities
- 40% improvement in data on parameters of quality, accuracy, and security
- Increased transparency of HR data across the business through a single source of truth
- Standardized processes throughout the employee lifecycle and significant value generation company-wide
- 100% online recruitment process including offer letters, appointment letters, probation confirmation letters, service certificates, etc.
- Ability to source, engage and retain the best talent
- Increase in employee satisfaction with an efficient performance management system and compensation process, and visibility into business objectives
SAP SuccessFactors is a one-stop solution adding value to all our HR processes, including talent acquisition and management, performance and goal management, and centralization of data to bring in transparency and provide a user-friendly experience. I would like to thank Wipro, our strategic partner, for their support and commitment and the significant efforts put in to deliver this HR transformation project on schedule.
- Raghavender Yadgirkar, Assistant General Manager - HR, Orient Cement Limited