- Client descriptor: Telecom Operator headquartered in Asia
- Industry type: Telecom Service Provider
- Products or Services or Core Business: Mobile Telephony, EDGE, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA+, FDD-LTE
- Geography or Areas of operations: Bangladesh
The customer’s legacy systems were old and led to complexity in financial reconciliations, Procurement bottlenecks, manual intensive handling, and a general lack of user-friendliness. The Customer’s vision was to drive connected processes, Simplified IT and Decreased-operating costs, through a Cloud-based transformation. They had two instances of Oracle EBS on-premise and Coupa, which were not well implemented & not well integrated. This was leading to disharmonized business processes, broken reporting, and a consequent loss of agility in their market responsiveness. They were looking to implement a future-proof ERP and Supply chain solution that would enable their business agility and growth aspiration, with key challenges of a tight budget and aggressive timeline.
As part of the Solution selection process, Wipro helped evaluate over a thousand functional requirements through workshops in their local and global offices, and proposed Oracle Fusion Cloud. We guided the customer throughout the sales cycle with Continuous advisory on scope, relevant inputs on ERP Package selection, and Fine-tuning of Bill of Material to fit within their budget. Scope of the project included:
- Oracle Cloud Modules: Fusion Cloud Financials, Purchasing, Self-Service Procurement, Project Financials, Product Hub, Order Management, Inventory Management, and Manufacturing Cloud
- Integration with 20+ On-Prem and Cloud systems (Local as well as Global systems), using Oracle ESB
- Built 10 ease of use Enhancements for End users with Oracle Fusion web services as well as FBDI.
- Built 50+ custom BIP Reports as necessitated by the customer’s needs
- 60+ types of Data have been migrated from on-premise Oracle EBS to Oracle Fusion.
- Redesigned Chart of accounts to accommodate GL Account hierarchies (T5 to T6); Robust and automated cost-centre based approval mechanism for BPA, PO, and Invoices; Simplified and Automated solutions for Withholding Tax process for Tax deduction at Source.
- Scalable Order Pricing strategy solution for new product/channel/customers; scalable integration to local and global systems using Oracle standard web services;
- Migrate complete procurement solution from Coupa to Oracle Procurement
- Wipro’s JumpStart business process library utilized as part of the business blueprint
- Simplified processing of Bulk data, enabled by Wipro HOLMES – QuMiC.
- Training sessions, Process Demo, on-line and in-person support during UAT.
- Better controls on Financials and Accounting, through the re-designed Chart of accounts.
- Reduction in on-prem Hardware costs as well as reduction in application support costs by aligning by Standard Cloud functionality; overall 23% savings.
- Strong and scalable core solution, with operational flexibility to accommodate future changes easily
- Achieved first step of transforming to a Digital Telco, by implementing Oracle Fusion Cloud-based solution
- One complete solution for Financials, supply chain, and procurement areas