- Client: Global manufacturer of motorsports headquartered in Japan
- Industry type: Manufacturing
- Products / Services / Core Business: Motorcycles, commuter vehicles, scooters, recreational vehicles, motorsports
- Geography / Areas of operations: Global
With a wide-range of products and a complex knowledge management system, the customer faced major challenges in making their new products’ technical information and documentation available seamlessly to their technical customer care groups. This led to a lack of accurate and timely information to its global network of dealers (1,800+) and agents, resulting in poor service at points of customer interaction. Their ‘Customer Service Group’ was overwhelmed with ever increasing call volumes from dealers and agents on various products, with each call averaging more than 30 minutes. They needed a modern solution for knowledge management and dissemination, to achieve key objectives such as:
- Rapid access to the most relevant technical content for the Assisted as well as Digital channels
- Establishing single repository of technical information which could be shared with agents and dealers
- Combining technical knowledge assistance along with real-time support to enhance user experience for agents and dealers
- Establish a robust process for knowledge creation, curation, approval, and publishing
- Capability to enable customer service agents to generate knowledge artifacts
As part of the Solution selection process, Wipro helped evaluate the functional requirements through workshops in their global offices, and proposed Oracle CX Service Cloud and Oracle CX Knowledge Advanced as their core knowledge management system. We guided the customer throughout the sales cycle with Continuous advisory on scope, Relevant inputs on Package selection and Tailored Roadmap to roll out the solution to their various divisions.
It was envisaged to implement a Knowledge Management System, giving both its Agents and Customers (Dealers) controlled access to information that can reduce service cost for the Organization and boost Customer Satisfaction. Wipro utilized digital methods like Customer Journey Engineering and Persona-based experience mapping to pinpoint and prioritize and design the key capabilities for the Solution.
- Re-align the customer support business processes to take advantage of the new and sophisticated knowledge management service cloud system.
- Implementation of Web chat to provide real-time assistance and co-browsing capability
- Comprehensive search capability that goes after the Knowledge Repository as well as the Customer service request history; Ease of knowledge access from mobile device using customer portal
- Significant ease of search by providing search based on VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), this involved enhancing the core CX product capability through close collaboration with Oracle Product teams
- Tailored solution for accessing large technical documents from within customer’s network to reduce bandwidth dependency and storage on Oracle cloud
- Migration of artefacts into Oracle CX Knowledge Advanced Cloud
- Support for Org Change management through participation in planning Conference Room pilots, Key User Training sessions, and supporting in the end-user training
- Significantly enhanced capability to Dealers by way of Complex Search, WebChat, Smart Assistance and Screen sharing ability (Cobrowse), resulting in a reduction in inbound technical service calls (16%)
- Ease of knowledge creation, curation, version management, approval and publishing – by the Technical experts, as well as Customer service agents; Cycle time reduced by 9% thus resulting in faster publication of new knowledge artefacts (for new products as well as for new type of technical issues)
- Strong, 95% adoption within first month achieved through various steps including Ease of search, and by enabling Agents’ access to the new Knowledge Management system from within their Customer care application itself (Siebel), as well as through constant User engagement in the implementation
- Reduction of wait time for common tech-assisted questions by 12% using Oracle’s patented Smart Assistant Technology