- Client: Global Engineering equipment manufacturer headquartered in USA
- Industry type: Manufacturing
- Products / Services / Core Business: Industrial engineering for asset-heavy industries
- Geography / Areas of operations: Global
The Customer’s vision was to achieve industry-leading growth in their Services business, and this required them to make their service operations scalable, consistent, and efficient. The Customer had multiple siloed departments and service systems, resulting in a limited view of the customer and service history, high dependency on people, redundant processes and systems, an inability to cross-sell / up-sell, and an inability to grow and drive cross-company synergies. The process involved heavy paperwork, multiple data entries, which resulted in high cost and broken service experience.
They required a modern service management system to move from reactive to proactive support, drive better coordination efforts between back office and front office as well as achieve consistent business processes.
As part of the Solution selection process, Wipro helped evaluate the functional requirements and proposed Oracle CX Service Cloud and Oracle CX Field Service Cloud as their core service management system.
Wipro implemented a Service Management System that empowers technicians with simplified navigation, guided workflows, easy access to relevant information across ERP & Service applications, as well as a Mobile app with offline capability. Wipro utilized digital methods like Customer Journey Engineering and Persona-based experience mapping to identify and prioritize the key requirements for the Solution. Scope of the project included:
- Implement Oracle Service Cloud, Oracle Field Service Cloud, Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, Oracle Integration Cloud, and Oracle Policy Automation
- Defining Services Target Operating model and drove the business blueprint with our JumpStart business process library.
- Integration of Oracle Service Cloud and Oracle Field Service Cloud with on-premise ERP.
- Transition from distributed systems to a global Service system and Scheduling engine. The solution designed followed a “Global Template” approach to achieve globally standard core solution with regional variations.
- Align Service and Sales through Lead Sharing or Parts/Service Plan/ Renewals Quoting Capabilities, thus incentivizing technicians to identify sales or run extra mile
- Simplified Training and Knowledge Repository for remote technicians delivered via mobile device
- Scalable architecture to enable automated end-to-end service process involving Call take, Triage, Dispatch, Installed base, Service inventory mgmt., Work order mgmt., and Billing
- Support for Org Change management by driving Conference Room pilots, Key User engagement, Business leadership alignment and supporting in the end-user training.
- Built a bespoke mobile application with offline data access capability
- Cloud security
- Overall cost reduction by >10% (reduced technician travel time, increased work order velocity/completion, reduced service inventory).
- Increased revenue by >15% and decreased invoice cycle time by 40%.
- Increased predictability in service slots and reduction in emergency failure calls by 7%
- Process Service Requests generated by a predictive model “near real” time
- Solution achieved strong adoption through the use of agile methods as well as organizational change rigor and constant communication.