Client: A leading diamond processing company based in India
Industry: Diamond and jewelry
Products: A wide array of diamonds
The client used four disparate legacy systems for its business processes, leading to challenges in daily tallying and valuation of stocks across these systems. Stock movement between locations was not available in the same system; users had to wait for stocks to be updated in another system to complete their transactions. In addition, reporting was manual and generated in excel spreadsheets.
The client wanted to replace legacy systems with a robust ERP system to reduce the time taken for execution of business processes and to enable analytics at the click of a button. The need was to address growing needs of complex business processes, from diamond preparation and polishing, to sales and procurement processes. The new system had to provide operational efficiency with a single source of reliable information.
The client embarked on an IT transformation journey with Wipro, involving the implementation of SAP S/4HANA and replacement of its disparate legacy systems.
Wipro studied the business processes, expectations, pain points and process dependencies in each of the client’s functional areas and implemented financial accounting, controlling, sales and distribution, materials management and DMS modules of SAP S/4HANA (1503 version). Wipro adopted the ASAP methodology to implement the solution, wherein changes to existing business practices were suggested based on the customer requirement to adapt to SAP's standard methodology.
- Enabled parallel valuation of stocks in INR and USD with the material ledger
- Created customized upload facility for sales orders, purchase orders and material transfers as each transaction involved more than 1,500 line items
- Enabled custom sub-contracting process to minimize the number of transactions, thereby reducing users’ time and effort
- Enabled automated credit management process for group and individual credit limits. Also customized credit management for consignment sales (70% of sales transactions)
- Replaced four disparate systems with a single system to enable single source of data
- Enabled generation of various reports and analytics using HANA Core Data Services (CDS)
The client streamlined and automated its business processes through implementation of SAP S/4HANA solution.