For a global hi-tech major, Wipro delivered a modern customer master data ecosystem to empower the customer facing teams with improved analytics and faster time-to-market
The Client Background
The client is a multinational electronics and semiconductor manufacturer headquartered in Europe. It is among the world leaders in a broad range of segments, including semi-conductors for industrial applications, smartcard chips, automotive integrated circuits, computer peripherals, and chips for wireless and mobile applications.
Due to the proliferation of several customer touch points, it has become extremely critical and challenging for enterprises to build a single view of customer and derive a total customer relationship. But a number of factors like siloed operations, lack of high quality trusted master data and sub-optimal data management processes pose a serious threat to the ongoing business transformation initiatives. A golden copy of the master data enables a single view of customer on top of which customer analytics can yield actionable insights leading to definite business outcomes.
In order to propel itself into the next level of growth, the client was looking at improving its global accounts coverage through better visibility, freeing up salesmen time for more customer contact and capturing new accounts and design opportunities. However, some of the major impediments were:
- Disintegrated systems and data inconsistencies across systems (CRM, ERP, DWH etc.)
- Lack of complete view of customer for better planning, mining and forecasting
- Inability of legacy systems to address the dynamic nature of the customer ecosystem
- Lack of effective data quality mechanisms leading to data redundancy impacting decision making
- Ad-hoc and non-automated data governance processes
The client needed a substantial change in the existing way of customer management by defining a customer model that is extensible and provides enriched and trustworthy information to key applications like CRM and EDWH. To achieve this, the client partnered with Wipro and embarked on a CMDM-CRM (SFDC) implementation program. The Customer MDM journey transformed their complex legacy business and IT landscape into a modern customer data ecosystem empowering their customer facing teams with improved analytics and faster time-to-market.
Highlights Of The Engagement:
- Development of comprehensive and advance Customer Master Data structure hosting all key attributes required by business processes like sales & marketing, finance and customer relationship.
- Implementation of data security and governance by enabling various roles for different categories of customer like direct data steward, indirect data steward.
- Implementation of business rules to ensure effective data governance and data quality
- Integration with Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) database to enrich the customer data ensuring complete and accurate customer information.
This CMDM program was intended as a paradigm shift for the client across critical dimensions such as Sales & Marketing business processes, information assets and change management. The implementation of solution not only proved to be major facilitator in enhancing business operations and decision making capability but also played a major role in boosting IT infrastructure and capability.
- 15% reduction in duplicate master data
- Integration with D&B data enabled deeper insights into 50% of existing customers
- 360 degree view of customer resulted in effective account management tracking pipeline and mapping manufacturing capacity to meet demands on time
- Central MDM repository delivered a ‘single view of customer’ resulting in better customer categorization and focused offerings