Who we are
Wipro Research is a research think-tank focused on collaboration with academia, industry bodies and ecosystems. It works on cutting edge research projects across various industries to help accelerate innovation for businesses using emerging technologies.
Our research areas:
Discover a range of focus areas that we are currently working on:
- Artificial intelligence - We apply machine learning and deep learning models to find simple and better solutions for complex technologies such as NLP, computer vision, predictive analytics, and many more. Our key projects include COVID-19 detection app, combating fake news in social media, addressing ethical issues in AI, AI model training, using AI for social cause, and many more. One of the strategic research areas we have worked on is for COVID-19, to identify inexpensive, fast and reliable ways of testing and detection. We are working with healthcare leaders to build an AI-enabled, DIY cough capture app. It’s a contactless, rapid, and effective method for detecting COVID-19 based on an audio sample. To learn more, click here
- Autonomous vehicles - We are continuously seeking to improve the fundamental building blocks of autonomous vehicles using advance technology.
- Blockchain – Our researchers are moving Blockchain toward being a more widely adopted technology across industries with relevant research projects such as provenance for digital supply chain, data consistency in sparsely connected systems, game theory for smart contracts etc.
- Quantum computing - One of the high potential areas we seek to explore includes working on key projects like quantum inspired algorithms for industry use cases and post-quantum cryptography.
- 5G – The next generation of wireless technology, known as 5G, is undergoing intensive research and practice. We are working on key projects such as adaptive OTFS and precision location using cellular radio signals.
What we do
- Identify - Identify research topics or areas which are emerging and relevant to our customers. The research team collaborates with academia and customers to try and solve the current problems faced by companies
- Create - Expand the research output to make it enterprise ready for consumption
- Leverage – Leverage research to solve customer and in-house use cases
- Exhibit - Demonstrate research thought leadership through publication, speaker sessions and conferences
Why engage with Wipro Research
- Insights into a diverse portfolio of research areas such as deep learning, AI, 5G, Blockchain, Quantum etc.
- Get early access to our research ecosystem (research output, Rapid Protolab for experimentation, Topcoder and Wipro research team)
- Leverage top academia across the globe
- Solve practical business problems using real time data and research