BoundaryLess Universal Edge (BLUE) is Wipro’s holistic framework to address the different aspects to delivering robust and production grade edge services. Wipro brings in a range of accelerators with the BLUE framework, including a ready to adopt end-to-end cloud-based solution, reference architecture, reusable components, and shared services that are tuned to address the complete lifecycle.
5G is here and it brings in a set of features that will be of significant interest to businesses who would want to leverage the new features like ultra-low latency, high bandwidth, high density M2M communication etc. to create new use cases and services. But the low coverage radius and high densification will mean elements of 5G network like Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC) will need to be deployed in thousands of locations.
Edge computing is also a crucial element for developing the next generation of digital services. However, a production grade deployment of edge services brings several challenges for the stakeholders. BLUE provides a way to address the challenges -
- Distributed nature of edge often means engineering platforms for zero touch operations that can operate at global scale
- Bring cross industry experience to address unique operational requirements
- Ability to handle field support and ensure quality of service delivered
- Mechanism to undertake system integration and rollout projects at global scale
- Connecting to a supply chain of hardware and device ecosystem
- Services brokerage and federation for variety of use cases
Wipro’s BLUE brings together a range of our capabilities into a single framework to seamlessly manage and orchestrate 5G edge application services and telco workload across core, edge and Remote office/Branch Office (ROBO) sites.