Effective corporate and regional control
- The larger global Terminal operators are all seeking ways to streamline their operations and obtain tighter control at a local Terminal level. There is of course a very fine balance between stripping costs out without creating a major impact to either levels of service or operational efficiencies. However, with today’s ability to integrate and share data across multiple locations in a real-time environment will help Terminal groups (APMT, DPW, Hutchinson’s, ICTSI etc.) to strip out regional layers of costs and for the corporate entities to have much tighter control on their business at a base Terminal level.
- Providing a combination of cloud and mobility data applications will help to channel data and allow for better control and management across all aspects of the business.
Wipro uses the latest integration tools that allow for seamless connectivity and provides a platform where essential data can be stored–having this data at a centralized location can certainly help to streamline local and regional processes and provide a window of “Big Data” to the corporate level management that seeks to become more “hands on” in their approach.
Wipro’s HOLMES advanced artificial intelligence application–the intelligent component of connected Port suite
Data has a shelf life-it’s vital that action is taken or the right information is channelled to the right level of management that can act and respond to it in a timely manner. However, Wipro’s HOLMES takes big data and provides real-time learning solutions. If we stick with the concept of Engineering–HOLMES can be pre-set with business logic–having the ability to pre-empt and predict when routine maintenance or more essential repairs should be undertaken can help to keep machinery operating longer and reduce potential mechanical failures or breakdowns. If you consider that this will help to keep equipment at a more optimal level, and improve overall safety across the Terminal, then these are all points in favour of deploying HOLMES.
Further helping the Terminals engineers at a local level through our HoloLens VR applications
- Centralized virtual yard planning
- Modelling new green field Terminals or reviewing and remodelling of brown field facilities. (Building models and design in a 4-dimensional environment–mapping projected volume data, and financial data against projected operational growth will allow for mapping capital investments against projected financial returns.
- Building and analysing financial modelling
- Measuring volume breaking points within a Terminal (Equipment, TEU capacity, Vessel berthing, Gate volumes, Road lanes, Rail hub etc.).
- Centralized engineering modelling (helping to provide valuable real-time assistance on repairs and equipment data).
- Providing global, regional and Terminal comparison modelling–mixing different equipment makes into the Terminals in a plug-and-play environment–comparing operational performances and reviewing the most efficient equipment for the job.
What are the tangibles that can be achieved through connected Port application suite?
After Port Infrastructure build cost, assets and equipment constitutes the next biggest cost element.
On average, a medium-sized facility might indeed invest anywhere between 50 to 100 million dollars on operating equipment and when looking at global operators, they might be spending more than 1.2 to 1.5 billion dollars on equipment along with a sizeable annual budget in terms of maintenance and repairs. So, it’s vital that the equipment can be run efficiently and with minimal operational downtime.
Connected Port utilizes the latest IoT technology which can be easily retro-fitted to all operating equipment. Due to our neutral approach, we are not manufacturer-specific and we look at extracting essential operating data from each piece of machinery at source level data including:
GIS physical location tracking across the facility
- Fuel consumption
- Engine running times
- Tyre pressures
- Service intervals
- Speed of the vehicle
- In service/out of service recording
Connected Port can interface with the essential back-end operational solutions like the Terminal operations, ERP and data can be extracted on the following areas:
- Make and model of each machine in service
- Number of pieces of equipment
- Data entered service
- Date left service
- Service History (routine and unscheduled issues?)
- Breakdown and warranty work (type of issues faced)
- Asset value ($$$)
- Equipment running costs
- Replacement value
- Spare parts
- Fuel consumption
- Tyre maintenance
Terminal operations system
- Work orders per machine
- Hours operated
- Number of lifts/moves per hour by machine
This level of data can help across all levels of the management from a Terminal to corporate level in measuring the overall performance and running efficiencies of every type and make of equipment running.
Data comparing all equipment
- What is the best equipment running across your operations in terms of:
- Total Cost of ownership
- The ability to measure manufacturers’ claims with actual operational data.
- The ability to identify potential recurring faults within the machinery and being able to scrutinize these facts with the Manufacturers (identifying potential equipment flaws and being able to make better purchasing decisions based on real operational data.)
- Operational costs (fuel costs, spare parts, service Costs)
- Mechanical reliability (measured against manufacturers’ claims)
- The ability to compare manufacturers’ equipment.
- The ability to look at Group purchasing and standardizing equipment across the Terminal operations–(achieving greater discounting and improved service and support levels)
- The potential to save millions of dollars across all aspects of your engineering and procurement process.
Want to know more about how we are helping large real estate firms globally in their business transformation journey? Please drop us note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to set up a connect with you!