Wipro helped Telenor India, a leading mobile operator, achieve best-in-class service reliability and assurance by reducing IT incidents by a whopping 89%
Telenor Group is a major global mobile operator with ~203 million mobile subscriptions, of which over 52 million are from the flagship Telenor India. The subscriber base is the result of a unique distribution system and an unmatched customer-centricity approach. Telenor India is in line with Telenor’s global strategy for growth and value creation. Its ambition is to create a strong position by offering affordable services in mass markets. Telenor India is also moving towards becoming a Digital Services Provider with a commitment to provide world-class data and Internet access experience to subscribers.
The Indian Telecom industry is on the threshold of the digital era, serving over 1 billion customers and ~400 million Internet users. The exponential growth is driving a demand for defect-free services that are best-in-class and at the same time, optimizes resource utilization to keep costs under control.
Telenor India, in order to enrich and enhance customer satisfaction, aimed to provide best-in-class IT service assurance to its customers by enabling seamless business IT transactions and enhanced service availability. The client’s concern was that every IT incident was contributing to disruption in services, which led to end-user dissatisfaction and even revenue loss in certain cases. Telenor was looking for a 50% reduction in IT incidents.
The integrated team of Telenor and Wipro took up the opportunity to address the humongous challenge. A 3600 approach was taken to evaluate each IT incident to get deeper insights into its pattern, frequency and cause, covering all aspects of people, process and technology. Wipro held 20+ brainstorming sessions with SMEs and the client, covering 27+ applications and business processes. Incident reduction solution approach included:
- Multiple interactive sessions with IT users to understand their
- challenges and suggestions
- Extensive utilization of FMEA, Pareto Analysis, Fishbone, 5WHY, 5 and mistake-proofing tools for RCA, corrective & proactive actions
- Transformation from System-centric to Business process-centric ticket login approach
- Proactive monitoring by identifying and implementing business transaction trend, queue pendency alerts for faster detection and resolution of issues
- Fine tuning DB queries for continuous performance improvement
- Trend-based visual board implementation for critical business processes like Activation, Recharge and Commission
- Optimization of 20+ reconciliation and revised periodicity along withimplementation of auto notification for data corrections
- 15+ KT sessions to IT Service Desk and IT domains
- Exigency matrix-driven change control approach to minimize unplanned changes
The approach led to remarkable reduction in IT incidents leading to higher quality of service delivery, enhanced service assurance andreliability, which resulted in enhanced customer satisfaction.
- 89% reduction in user tickets inflow over a period of 2 years
- 15% increase in optimization of resources