As of: 21st October 2020
COVID has changed the world in many ways, both personal and in how we go about our professional lives. As a global leader in IT services, Wipro is committed to keeping employees safe, engaged, and productive, while ensuring that service quality is not compromised.
We follow guidelines suggested by WHO as well as applicable local regulatory authorities.
Keeping the safety and well-being of our employees as our top priority, we have extended Work From Home (WFH) until Nov. 15, 2020, wherever feasible. 92.5% of Wipro employees currently work from home, 2.5% work from offices (WFO), and 4.9% work from our global customer locations.
All Wipro offices across the globe are equipped with necessary health and safety measures to ensure the continued safety of all employees.
Here are highlights of our global operations by region:
- Employees to continue WFH unless there is a customer requirement to come to the office.
- Employees who need critical infrastructure are WFO.
- There are no government regulations on WFO currently; however, county wise regulations are followed.
- Wipro office in Hackensack, NJ, is currently open.
- 90% of employees are WFH.
- Wipro offices in Osaka and Yokohama in Japan are open for essential operations.
- Offices in Malaysia have been closed effective midnight Oct. 14, as a result of the government’s Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO). All employees are now WFH.
- Offices in China (Chengdu and Dalian) are fully operational.
- Offices in Cebu and Manila in the Philippines are operational with minimal staff.
- All campuses in India remain operational with reduced strength. Health COV-ER app, developed internally, has been rolled out to control employee access and maintain social distancing.
- COVID task forces have been formed across campuses.
- Zones have been implemented across the campuses to minimize employee cross movement.
- Laptop walk-in centers have been created at campus gates to segregate walk-in and WFO employees.
- Perth and Sydney offices in Australia are currently operational with minimal staff.
- Most employees in this region are WFH, with only critical personnel reporting to the office on an as-needed basis.
- Most employees are WFH. A small number operate out of Wipro/customer offices on an as-needed basis.
- Currently in process of opening a few non-delivery centers.
- Wipro office in Dubai is open.
- As cases continue to rise rapidly, only a few employees work from customer offices on an as-needed basis.
- Offices in most parts of Europe will remain closed until the situation improves.
- Offices in Holzgerlingen, Kiel, Fellbach, Aalen, Neurath, and Niederaussem in Germany are open.
- Wipro office in Shannon, Ireland is open.
- A few employees have started to work from customer premises.
- Most customer offices remain closed and teams are WFH.
- Reading office is open.
- None of our offices are open, and 100% of employees are WFH.
- No delivery impact in any of the ongoing projects in this region.
- Most employees are WFH.
- Few critical employees are required to be at office, based on customer requirement.
- A few employees are required to be at the office, based on customer requirement. The rest are WFH.
We have decided to continue restrictions on travel, customer visits, and physical gatherings, until further notice. Our global Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and crisis management teams are monitoring the situation around the clock.
We are committed to supporting our customers and partners in these unprecedented times and will do our best to ensure a safe work environment for all our stakeholders.
If you have any concerns or require support or help, please feel free to contact us. We wish you and your family safety and good health.