Client: A leading pharmaceutical company
Revenue: USD 39.9 Billion
Area of operations: Global
Customers: Anyone with a medical and dental condition
The client was charged for poor compliance and record-keeping by the FDA. They were also overpaying for getting provider data for marketing and sales across all its departments. One of the significant challenges was to harmonize data across platforms along with centrally managing the data, resulting in silos of similar redundant data of pharma & consumer systems across the enterprise. Lastly there was a time gap in order processing which needed to be cut short to achieve more effectiveness and optimization in sales.
Wipro implemented Informatica MDM, a comprehensive Master Data Management solution, along with Informatica Data Director and real-time APIs, to overcome the challenges which the client faced.
- Developed User Interface and its corresponding components to manage restrictions as per FDA compliance regulations
- Enabled integration with Trillium to improve on the quality of data particularly names and addresses
- Enabled the restriction process for customer and product to get a single view of all restrictions and regulations
- Enabled web services in the downstream, to view the restrictions to integrate the same in a real-time manner
- Enabled near real time interfaces between Contract Management, Sales Force, MDM and SAP for a smoother order processing experience
- Integration of Customer data for downstream consumption helped the systems to get a centralized view
- Enabled better streamlined trust rules across the sources of data along with business agreement in order to reduce the number of sources coming to MDM thereby saving on money for the customer
Implementation of best-in-class Master Data Management solutions resulted in a central repository of customer, product and alignment with a single source of truth for all data.
- Simplified and standardized customer management process
- Defined a principal place to host all the restrictions data for customer and products
- Devised a robust and generic publishing mechanism for all the downstream systems to consume
- Enhanced the system every quarter to introduce new functionalities addressing the needs of the diversified businesses involved
- Enhanced the system to enable a smoother data flow so that the order management process completes within 2 hrs - 2 days depending on the product being shipped
- Enhanced address standardization to reduce bad deliveries going out for orders
- 50% reduction in cost for data sourcing from vendors
- 100% compliance with the FDA rules and regulations imposed on the providers
On successful implementation of CERPS project which integrated Consumer and Pharma data, the order processing time was brought down to 2hrs.
“It has been a long 18 months, but you guys did it and I’m very thankful for all your efforts over this time period” - Director for information Systems PD