Digitalisation will be a crucial piece of any sustainability and decarbonisation journey. Yet many of the technologies powering digital transformation continue to generate a significant carbon footprint. With executives and world leaders making pledges to address climate change issues, it is imperative for businesses to achieve net zero carbon emissions and bake sustainability into their digital transformation initiatives. ISG’s Sustainability and ESG Services quadrant assesses service providers’ ability and capability to deliver sustainability services to their clients, either as a standalone service or as a packaged offering for digital contracts.
Analyst Comment: “Wipro is among the few leaders in sustainability and ESG transformation with a dedicated practice.” –Craig Baty and Phil Harpur
ISG identified Wipro’s strengths in the Australian market as:
- Innovative product and service design strategy: This strategy is a core capability of Designit, the strategic design consultancy of Wipro. Designit applies a human-centric, behavior-led approach to adopting sustainable products and services.
- Dedicated sustainability operations practice: Wipro has a large and dedicated sustainability operations practice that addresses sustainability needs for its clients across sectors and the value chain. Its unique approach combines deep domain expertise with ESG specialists who can provide current market thinking and close collaboration with partners.
- Market leader in sustainability transformation: Wipro is committed to investing in sustainable practices. The company is currently leading sustainability transformation in conjunction with the Transform to Net Zero coalition, The Open Group, The World Economic Forum, and sustainability-oriented brands.
Analyst Comment: “Wipro offers innovative solutions and delivers ESG services to its clients in the UK.” –Akhila Harinarayan
ISG identified Wipro’s strengths in the UK market as:
- Open-source tools for sustainability: Wipro actively develops the initial product roadmaps and co-innovations in the area of managing and reporting GHG emission data. Additionally, it collaborates with leading calculation engines, an industry desk and the Open Footprint Forum. Based on its extensive experience, this collaboration promotes the use of open-source tools and offers an accelerated delivery framework to enable quick deployment of projects related to GHG emission reporting.
- Acquisition of Capco: Wipro has acquired a London-based company, Capco. Capco’s ESG practice positions Wipro to help financial asset managers understand, assess, evaluate, and integrate ESG and sustainability factors into the investment decision-making process.
- Broader portfolio: Wipro offers a comprehensive sustainability services portfolio that includes strategy, assessment and governance; responsible impact tracking; responsible finance; sustainable operations; sustainable supply chain; responsible green IT; sustainable products and services; social and community impact; and sustainable culture.
Analyst Comment: “Wipro’s sustainability services cover ESG, responsible service, and supplier and community impact.” –Tarun Vaid
ISG identified Wipro’s strengths in the US market as:
- Green IT offerings: Wipro infrastructure services have created a broad range of IT solutions that help clients reduce their CO2 emissions in a sustainable manner and across Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions. Wipro’s green IT offerings include virtuadesk (a platform for virtual workplaces), Surfonomics (for AI-powered multi-cloud and container optimization) and Service Theatre (a fully programmable industrialized services platform).
- Strong partner ecosystem: On sustainability-related topics, Wipro has partnered with hyperscalers like AWS, Google and Microsoft, as well as ESG experts like Aveva, EcoVadis, Enablon, Schneider Electric and Siemens. It is also actively working on co-innovation with a few key partners that help customers achieve faster implementation and reduced delivery costs.
- Investment in sustainability: Wipro is investing in sustainable transformation with the Transform to Net Zero coalition, The Open Group (Open Footprint and OSDU), sustainable brands, and the World Economic Forum.
Read the full report below.