Water and wastewater utility company serving millions of customers
In the competitive drinking water supply market for large business customers, our client’s Wholesale Market Services (WMS) function supplies to Retailers who service their large customers. The effectiveness of this WMS-retailer interface is the key to operational success in a competitive market. As a result, WMS recognized the need to transform its main engagement channel with retailers, to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhancing ease, speed, and content accuracy of requests submitted by retailers to WMS, for serving quotations, field services, water sampling, testing, and more.
- Minimizing operating costs for both parties.
- Minimizing rate of service request rejections caused by inaccurate or incomplete requests.
- Minimizing retailer follow-up calls to the client’s call center.
- Reducing the complexity of data flows between different market systems leading to better outcomes in revenue assurance, data maintenance and exception management
The key to achieving these objectives was the redesigning of user experience, workflows, and data integration.
How Wipro delivered client success
Speedy delivery of a fit-for-purpose solution required a design-led approach backed by in-depth knowledge of the business domain, digital experience skills, and cloud architecture expertise, with accelerated delivery and deployment driven by Agile and DevOps capabilities. Wipro deployed a multidisciplinary team to set the project in motion.
The WMS Digital Self-service Portal - deployed using the Sitecore content management platform and deployed on Microsoft Azure - transformed the wholesale and retail interface by:
- Integrating the different systems to allow substantial auto-population of service requests with site and asset data.
- Pre-validating requests to minimize rejections.
- Simplifying workflows and features to create, manage and track requests seamlessly.
- Enabling rapid adoption of new market-driven features.