TOPS CREW helps airlines manage all the major processes involved in crew management, including crew leave planning, training planning, and crew tracking.
Crew expense is the second-largest expense for airlines, which continually need to optimize the crew required to operate a flight. TOPS CREW supports airlines’ ability to improve crew productivity through efficient planning and enables them to make better operational decisions with improved tracking and proactive alerting. Its user-configurable rules engine allows users to configure multiple rule values — statutory, company, and union rules for different categories of crew (cockpit and cabin) — and rule values based on the type of operations, such as domestic, international, or regional.
An intuitive and user‐friendly GUI displays all aspects of crew tracking, from roster publications to the day of operations and recovery on a unified display screen. TOPS’s tailor-made “What-If” tool flawlessly handles disruptions and irregular operations. The TOPS Crew Connect web portal is designed to connect crew (cockpit and cabin) and crew controllers, enabling quick communication while also empowering the crew to perform self-service activities. Its crew leave-planning capabilities give airlines the ability to prepare for changes in team schedules, improving crew management performance.
- TOPS CREW’s smart UI enables increased user productivity and efficiency through feature-rich and configurable smart crew management tools.
- The TOPS rule engine provides the flexibility to author rules easily for fleet and crew operations based on regulatory, company, or union agreements, resulting in improved crew tracking and crew leave planning.
- Disruption assistance capabilities offer proactive and intuitive alerting tools that reduce delay, cancellations, and passenger compensation costs caused by disruptions.
- The Situational Awareness dashboard provides a consolidated view of real-time operational information.
- Crew Connect, our mobility solution, enables crew members to interact from anywhere within the connected world.
- Crew satisfaction is achieved with transparent and self-service features that reduce manual intervention and maximize a crew’s ability to make informed decisions.
- Anywhere access is provided across locations and various devices through web browser–based capabilities.
TOPS CREW Key Functions