Inclusion at Wipro is about integrating diversity effortlessly into every day working, encouraging all to be their authentic selves. We respect uniqueness among individuals and nurture an overall sense of belonging. We celebrate and learn from diverse ideas, backgrounds, perspectives and experiences.
While we deeply invest our efforts into key 4-5 areas, our journey involves working and understanding any of the global pillars of inclusivity - Thought Diversity, Religion, Gender, language & Accent, ethnicity, sexual orientation, education, marital status, economic status, age, nationality, parenthood, disability, supplier, job tittle, function & skill.
Inclusion is the culture every individual at Wipro experiences every day. It is in our DNA guided by our strong values, known as the Spirit of Wipro.
Walking the Talk with the 5C Model
- Culture: Our commitment to create a culture of belonging with a focus on Inclusive mindset.
- Commitment: Our CEO serves as the Executive Sponsor of the I&D Council. The Council includes the Global I&D Head, senior leaders and executives from diverse groups ranging in gender, ethnicity and geographies. Notably, I&D is a key agenda topic for our regular Board Reviews.
- Collaboration: I&D Council leaders anchor individual Inclusion pillars and actively collaborate across business units and geographies.
- Communication: There are sustained communication from leaders and monthly blogs and conversations around inclusion.
- Continuous Improvement: We set high standards for I&D. Our companywide Diversity Scorecard results are published to the I&D Council and reviewed each quarter.
Women of Wipro (WOW)
Structured through an innovative and unique “Life – Stage” based approach, our WoW programs are not a ‘one-size fits all’, but have been tailored and customized to cater to the needs of women at each stage of their life & work. At different life stages the needs & expectations of women employees are different. The early career stage focuses on building perspectives and fueling aspirations, the early to mid stage blend in flexibility Initiatives and opportunities to grow and at mid to senior management, it is about strengthening a seasoned professional to lead with confidence.
Other WOW Initiatives
- The WoW Mom is a program that aims to support, enable and engage with women employees proceeding for and returning from Maternity Leave. It comprises policies to support the employees, HR connects with mothers returning from Maternity Leave, day care facilities, etc.
- #HERCODE, is a program that enables women to work on different projects and challenges across Wipro through TopGear (an internal crowdsourcing platform), enabling them to stay connected to their passion in technology.
- THE PARENTING HUB, is a platform where parents at Wipro can come together and benefit from parenting sessions, conversations and discussions. It will enable new parents to learn from the experience of others, discuss challenges and gain insights into balancing parenthood with work-life.
- BEGIN AGAIN, is Wipro’s second career program for women who are seeking to restart their career after a break – be it due to a sabbatical, motherhood, elderly care, travel, following a passion or any other personal reason.
- Women in Business, a program that provides women executives and rising stars with a platform to learn, network, and inspire.
Wipro has a mandatory E-Learning Module on Unconscious Bias. This module facilitates deeper understanding of unconscious bias and its’ effects on day-to-day work and relationships. The module develops self-awareness and promotes positive actions; see #BreaktheBias. In particular, this module draws attention to common biases toward women, persons with disabilities, cultural diversity and the LGBTQ+ community. As on 10 June, 2020, 1,34,841, employees have completed the Unconscious Bias E-learning module.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) diversity is a pillar of Inclusion & Diversity at Wipro. For the LGBTQ+ community at Wipro, our goal is to create a workplace and environment where they are welcomed, feel safe, treated with equal respect and acceptance and not subjected to bias. There are various programs like the Voluntary self-declaration of gender and sexual orientation, Sensitization Sessions, Wipro Pride ERG, Gender neutral restroom signage and Pride Month. We celebrate June as Pride month to recognize the contributions of the LGBT community to our collective success. Around the world, Wiproites participate in Pride parades, celebrations and events to celebrate inclusion.
Employees with Disabilities
Our vision is to make Disability Inclusion part of Wipro’s DNA, by creating a holistic ecosystem enabling Employees with Disabilities to integrate seamlessly and provide superlative experiences. We have created a strategic framework called CREATE to enable this; career, recruitment, engagement, accessibility, training and enablement.
At Wipro, we believe that our diversity strengthens our creativity. Be it cultural diversity or generational diversity, our work environment is a mosaic of thoughts and perspectives. It is important to be conscious of this diversity and strive to be more open and inclusive in our thoughts and actions. As we operate in increasingly interconnected work environments, being aware of and respectful of the diversity that exists among us is essential.