Wipro and PTC alliance combines industry-whetted tools and skills to build future-ready industrial solutions revolutionizing the way businesses operate
Wipro has one of the longest tenured partnerships with PTC in the IoT space. This alliance combines PTC’s rich product portfolio in IoT, PLM, ALM, SLM, CAD, and AR/VR and Wipro’s System Integration (SI) services and resources to carve out a niche offering to customers on their digital transformation journey.
Over the years, Wipro has made considerable investments in terms of partner managers, executive sponsors and co-innovation spaces and forums. Wipro is an influencer for PTC software positioning as part of a strong digital transformation business with focus on quality in project execution and delivering value to the customer.
Wipro has a strategic partnership with PTC that entails 2 million license influence, over 650,000 IoT bookings and a dedicated workforce trained in PTC technologies.
The partnership primarily focuses on joint go-to-market initiatives to respond to customer requirements across industry verticals and geographies. The partnership also focuses on developing state-of-the-art reference solutions and accelerators to help in the rapid prototyping and development of customer solutions. Under this agreement, Wipro and PTC work with customers both reactively and proactively to architect and build end-to-end or pointed solutions that have PTC’s product suite embedded at their core.
The following are some of the highlights of the partnership:
- Strategic SI partner for designing and developing solutions using PTC ThingWorx, ThingWorx Analytics, Vuforia Studio, and other PTC or external systems.
- Wipro provides consultancy services based on its vast experience in different verticals to address the customers’ requirements and priorities. These services typically include detailed stakeholder interviews, site visits, process walkthroughs, and brainstorming to evaluate an organization’s as-is maturity, target state and gaps between these states. Accordingly, Wipro proposes a customized and future-proof roadmap to achieve the target state, along with the enablement and services to reach it.
- ThingWorx CoE identifies compelling industrial use cases and gaps in COTS solutions, which can be filled by leveraging the features provided by ThingWorx. The CoE builds prototypes of these reference solutions that help customers realize some of their use cases quickly, evaluate the underlying product suite and draw out long-term plans. Some of the solutions built by the CoE till date include a Lightweight LIMS application and Light-MES solution. The primary motivation behind selecting these solutions is repeated demand from customers on the inadequacy of existing COTS solutions in the market – a single product does not meet all requirements of a particular industry/customer, and any customization done to do so drives up the cost unacceptably.
- Thinkspace Studio is an Experience Center to showcase innovative solutions on xLM-IoT to customers. This initiative adopts a use case centric approach that is focused on Phygital-led product development through Digital Twin, AR/VR and IoT.
- A dedicated pool of resources trained in the PTC technology stack available for quick deployment whenever a customer engagement requires it. This resource pool is incubated by rotating them in live customer projects and CoE, and kept relevant by enabling participation in product trainings, forums and other events organized by Wipro and PTC.
- Focused GTM efforts by joint participation in roadshows, symposiums and events happening worldwide, where both Wipro and PTC showcase solutions developed together.
In addition to the efforts and activities listed above, the partnership enables an exchange of information and early access to the developments on PTC’s product roadmaps. This collaborative synergy helps in building right solutions for the right consumers. PTC provides the tools, licenses and training, while Wipro primarily provides the resource pool for system integration and consultancy on how to position PTC’s products in the market.
The partnership is also characterized by excellent governance where a core group draws up specific partnership goals and roadmap, and tracks them closely.