The task of integrating siloed subsurface data remains an ongoing challenge for energy companies, yet tech innovations are providing new opportunities to unify data stores and enable enhanced insights. The future for upstream assets is one where unfettered access to information is available across the enterprise, workflows are optimized across multidisciplined and virtual teams, and business value is accelerated through complex application landscapes managed as outcome-driven platforms. These improvements can be catalysts for helping an organization capitalize on its competitive advantages and maximize field recovery, project margins, and shareholder value.
Wipro’s global domain practice of techno-functional geoscience, petrotechnical applications, engineering, subsurface data, and digital expertise offers advanced solutions for managing complex application platforms and reimagining subsurface data management in the oil and gas industry. We’re solving complicated client challenges with advisory, program management, business analysis, and transformation capabilities, as well as with industry-specific product maintenance, managed services, and specializations.
We help companies achieve the efficiency, insights, and productivity they need to unlock the value of subsurface assets through a series of vital tasks:
- Managing complex petrotechnical and drilling application landscapes: Through DevOps and Agile ways of working, we collaborate with a company to manage complex applications estates as modernized platforms, delivering development, sustaining services, and value-driven innovation. Our platform management teams are cross-skilled in business processes, applications, data and infrastructure, and development and operations. We can rapidly and successfully deliver on our clients' business strategies and accelerate the highest-value outcomes.
- Understanding the subsurface: We apply business workflow, strategy, and governance consultancy services with upstream domain and value chain knowledge to deliver workflow optimizations that support business-critical decisions, benefits realization, risk reduction, and data-driven rapid responses to time-sensitive opportunities. We connect and integrate business workflows directly and interactively to data in order to improve technical and logistical efficiency. We leverage cloud, automation, AI, and machine learning technologies to reduce nonproductive time (NPT) between data reception and the delivery of workstation-ready data for processing, interpretation, specialist services, data platforms, and analytics, compressing the timeline to first hydrocarbons.
- Improving well engineering and drilling processes: We enhance well delivery processes and improve drilling dysfunctions and NPT through predictive analytics and real-time solutions. Our teams also manage and modernize drilling and well application estates.
- Optimizing production through reservoirs: Wipro can configure, implement, deploy, and support model-based and AI/ML solutions; develop production optimization tools that connect multiple systems of records; and implement workflows, including well rate estimations, artificial lift optimizations, gas lift injection rate estimations, production and rate pressure trends, and voidage replacement ratios.
- Unlocking upstream data insights: Our experts help companies transform data into highly trusted and searchable assets. We enable the ingestion of subsurface data and data management services for seismic, geology, borehole, reservoir, production, and cultural data. We enable advanced modeling and data science techniques that unlock the value of the subsurface using analytics, machine learning and automation, and the development and deployment of data and application platforms. We also enable enterprise search functions by de-siloing application and subsurface data stores through large-scale industry initiatives and standards.
- Enabling unconventional assets: We optimize the scale and efficiency of unconventional well factories through the full utilization of processes, people, and physical assets, including workflow optimizations and economically viable options for applications management and support services.