Wipro partnered with the client to transform support for upstream data and applications. A multi-step project was defined that reflected client business priorities. Wipro delivered data management and application services while assisting the client through each stage of the project.
Wipro set up remote service provision and enabled the company to transition to a global service delivery model by establishing a centralized global service desk that operates during the business hours of all sites.
The result of the managed service is a well-defined price for global services that incorporates optimized allocation of resources, best practices, process standardization and continuous improvement across the spectrum of services and processes.
- Lowered costs by 30% by transitioning to a Wipro global managed service
- Improved geoscientist productivity by freeing them from data management activities
- Enhanced data quality through standardized and improved data management processes
- Established a tiered resourcing model that delivered operational consistency, smooth and effective change management and a reduced total cost of operation
- Zero quality compromise during and after the transition. Client continued operating at highest quality standards
Wipro partnered with the client to transform and redefine the way seismic, borehole, well and production data management and application support is provided for over 1,000 users. Wipro helped the Oil and Gas supermajor achieve 30% cost improvement in subsurface data management and application support.
Martin Cooper - Geoscience Data Management Consultant, Wipro Limited.