The energy industry is undergoing a massive global transformation. In addition to uncertainties surrounding traditional energy sources on the supply side and changing trends toward renewables, lockdowns have created an urgency for energy customers to modernize their IT strategies, adapt to change, and drive new business models for this emerging world economy.
Wipro has partnered with AWS to deliver a new cloud-based, real-time data management foundational solution for the energy sector. Smart plants and petrochemical manufacturers in the Industry 4.0 era rely more than ever on different sources of refining, and petrochemical industrial data and KPIs, and not just on weekly production reports to stay ahead of the curve. Working with AWS, Wipro is helping energy customers build a foundation to accelerate their energy future in three different ways:
- Optimizing efficiency
- Driving business agility
- Increasing business intelligence
- Enhance asset reliability through process optimization.
- Improved operational data in the cloud for enterprise decisions.
Data Governance & Digital Initiatives:
- Establish global RTDM data governance models in line with enterprise data standards to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Opportunities to support big data Initiatives including analytics and machine learning programs’ inability to leverage data from legacy OT infrastructure to support enterprise-wide business decisions.
- Lack of a single source of truth for operational data and information in silos at an enterprise level.
- Multiple integration points for data management, leading to expensive support cost structures.
- Managing data with different communication protocols, different units of measure, different data intervals and different storage systems.
- Provide a holistic E2E view of operational process through a ‘digital twin’.
- Central-loud hosted data historian platform acts as a single source of feed to the data lake and big data analytics platform.
- Establish data provenance and present curated data in a consumable format for cloud analytics initiatives.
- Enhance the advanced analytics capability in the cloud with efficiency.
- Leverage predictive analytics to make data-driven decisions.
Real-time data management of plant assets and different production process data that requires upgrades by transforming to real-time streaming data analytics on the cloud. While adopting new and low operating cost models, there is a need for modern, scalable, highly available digital platforms to monitor refinery production operations and performance indicators.
1.This solution can help companies:
- Eliminate end-of-service-life risk of on-premises PI system infrastructure.
- Deploy a scalable infrastructure on the cloud for real-time data management.
2.The solution can be applied to an initial small-asset deployment and is scalable for future enterprise deployments.
3.Users can stream disparate sources of refining and petrochemical industrial data to a data discovery platform for deriving insights, which sets the foundation for leveraging advanced analytical tools.
We have leveraged OSIsoft’s PI system, an industry-critical downstream operational intelligence system designed to collect, analyze, visualize, and expose a large amount of high fidelity, time-series data across multiple enterprise systems in plants. It is of immense value in accurately identifying where and how to improve refinery plant operational efficiency.
Working on OSIsoft’s PI System in AWS cloud, the service helps companies seeking to establish a real-time platform for enabling monitoring and surveillance of refinery operations, which includes:
- A scalable architecture to deploy centralized PI systems on AWS cloud for downstream sites, setting the foundation to leverage advanced analytical tools.
- A scalable enterprise PI system architecture and migration approach can help a company convert CAPEX to OPEX and to lower TCO in the cloud. The solution includes connectors to PI visualization on AWS with scalability and near real-time analytics for vital process data.
- Global standard cloud architecture across the downstream business, leading to reduced capital and operational costs owing to elasticity and on-demand scaling.
- Migration can significantly improve the availability of data insights on operations through improved data analytics and visualization.
- Informed decision-making for downstream operations as a result of globally distributed cloud infrastructure and ease of access to consolidated data visualization on asset performance.
- Creates a data foundation for engineering and analytical applications to readily access relevant datasets so users can effectively drive high-value initiatives and unlock business potential.