Bangalore, India - September 17, 2010:
Wipro Technologies, the global IT services division of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) today announced its agenda for Oracle OpenWorld 2010, (20th -23rd September 2010, San Francisco, USA) the world's largest and most important conference for Oracle technologists, business users, and partners. Wipro has elevated its presence at Oracle OpenWorld this year and is supporting the conference as a Grande partner. The elevation is in line with Wipro’s strategic 360 degree relationship with Oracle, wherein Wipro has been engaged as leading service provider across Oracle products offering solutions from the rack to stack. Wipro has also been one of the leading co-innovation partners to Oracle and has been actively working on its Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) development initiatives.
At Oracle OpenWorld 2010, Wipro is showcasing its capability and sharing best practices across industry, technology and applications
- Wipro is supporting the Manufacturing industry tracks and is delivering the Manufacturing Industry vision session titled “Manufacturing 2010: On the road to recovery”. The session talks about the way ahead for manufacturing sector. This talk is given by N. S. Bala, Senior Vice President- Manufacturing SBU, Wipro Technologies and John Barcus, Vice President, Oracle Manufacturing Industry Business Unit
- Wipro is also supporting the Oracle Fusion Middleware technology tracks and is delivering a key-note session on “Oracle Fusion Middleware.” The session talks about the recent innovations made available in Oracle Fusion Middleware. The session presenters are K. R Sanjiv, Senior Vice President, Business Technology Services, Wipro Technologies and Hasan Rizvi, Senior Vice President, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Java Development
Wipro will also be showcasing several customer successes in its speaking engagements at Oracle OpenWorld which include
- Trade Promotion Success Mantra for High Tech and Consumer Goods Industry.
- Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) helping in streamlining Pharma Manufacturing
- Large scale Oracle JD Edwards Instance consolidation success story at Medical Equipment Manufacturer
- Powering Business Transformation through Fusion Middleware at a Retail giant
- Workforce Management solution success at a global electronics and data system company.
Wipro is also participating in a number of joint solutions development sessions with Oracle and will unveil some of its Industry solutions during Oracle OpenWorld 2010. For more information please go to www.wipro.com/newsroom/events.aspx
Wipro Technologies, a division of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) is the first PCMM Level 5 and SEI CMM Level 5 certified global IT services organization. Wipro Technologies was recently assessed at Level 5 for CMMI V 1.2 across offshore and onsite development centers. Wipro is one of the largest product engineering and support service providers worldwide. Wipro provides comprehensive research and development services, IT solutions and services, including systems integration, information systems outsourcing, package implementation, software application management, and datacenter managed services to corporations globally. In the Indian market, Wipro is a leader in providing IT solutions and services for the corporate segment in India, offering system integration, network integration, software solutions and IT services.
Wipro also has a strong presence in niche market segments of consumer products and lighting. In the Asia-Pacific and Middle East markets, Wipro provides IT solutions and services for global corporations. Wipro's ADS' are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and its equity shares are listed in India on the Stock Exchange - Mumbai, and the National Stock Exchange.
For more information, please visit our website at www.wipro.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
+ 1 (732).216.6242
+44 792 020 5496
Forward-looking and Cautionary Statements
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks, and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in our earnings, revenue and profits, our ability to generate and manage growth, intense competition in IT services, our ability to maintain our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which we make strategic investments, withdrawal of fiscal governmental incentives, political instability, war, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, unauthorized use of our intellectual property, and general economic conditions affecting our business and industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. These filings are available at www.sec.gov. We may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by us or on our behalf.