Client: An Industrial Township Authority
Industry: Township development
Area of operation: Spanning 903 acres and 158 companies
With the goal of providing improved city services and higher quality of life, the client was looking to integrate different subsystems such as street light management, water metering, environmental monitoring, waste management, incident management and fleet management. This was critical to enable effective asset control and monitoring in near real time. In addition, the client also wanted a more connected infrastructure for CCTV surveillance, smart parking and e-toilets for enhanced user experience.
The client chose Wipro as their strategic IT partner to prepare solution blueprint for smart city design and architecture. Wipro leveraged its system integration expertise to help the client:
- Evaluate technology partners
- Design and prepare Bill Of Material for the suitable network architecture supporting various communication media and protocols
- Design private cloud infrastructure in consultation with technology partners for the test bed
- Deploy the smart city data integration and management software platform
- Design and build the data exchange architecture between smart city platform and smart systems as well as external devices
- Develop and customize integrated use cases
- Enable testing and certification, and deploy final solution
Wipro adopted a phase-wise integration of various stacks, helping the client build a robust infrastructure in compliance with standards, draw insights in near real time for enhanced decision making, and drive superior user experience for township constituents. The entire smart system made control and monitoring more effective and efficient and also brought in transparency and accountability of operations.