The ongoing global pandemic has irreversibly entrenched work-from-home and hybrid working models into the work environment for the foreseeable future. This has also transformed the way in which the digital workplace managed services are offered to enterprises. Organizations are now gearing up to meet the challenges of these new models and in parallel striving to maintain service delivery standards toward sustaining employee experience. Continued and uncertain lockdowns and the newly introduced social distancing norms have had a lasting impact on field support services resulting in longer resolution times on reported issues as well as support requests. This in turn, has had an adverse effect on user experience.
Single window for 100% ticket resolution
While remote field support can resolve and remediate several issues, hardware issues and device replacement requests need in-person support. In our experience, 90% of the tickets can be resolved by service desk with in-band remote support capability, while 10% tickets are escalated to field services. Traditional remote support models can assist in resolving issues related to installation, configuration, updates / upgrades and other operating system related tickets. Other issues that require field support services cause an end-user down time leading to cost overruns and productivity loss and subsequent delays to business outcomes. In addition to coping with these issues, enterprises are hard pressed to manage asset warehousing, shipment and tracking.
While a request for in-person support is expensive in terms of cost and time, it cannot be completely avoided. If a request or an issue cannot be resolved by the traditional remote support model, the next step is to request for field services. In a typical scenario, this resolution which could result in a field engineer dispatch or new device shipment can invariably contribute to a downtime of 24-48 hours. This is where the Virtual Walk-In eliminates the need for on-demand field support services.
Benefits beyond ticket resolution
’Near-Zero Field Support’ for escalation of tickets is the key objective of Wipro’s Virtual Walk-In solution, there are several other advantages clients can gain from Virtual Walk-In The various benefits include:
- Increased ticket resolution by Remote Expert Desk and reduced dependency on the field support services teams
- Reduction in user down time is not less than 50%. This directly contributes to user productivity.
- Shorter resolution times or mean time to resolution resulting in improved CSATs and enhanced user experience
- Decentralized Hub and Spoke asset management for faster asset deployment to employees and/or other end users
Wipro’s Virtual Walk-in – a win-win story
The Virtual Walk-in is a combination of a range of cutting-edge technologies that has made our promise of near-zero remote resolution of IT issues and requests a reality. The key value propositions of Virtual Walk-In are:
- First contact resolution to service requests or incidents related to OS (Operating System), BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) or devices assisted by a strong IT support Expert Desk
- Consistent experience across ‘client environments, locations and geographies’ duly supported by a robust and structured process to onboard and train the Expert-Desk associates on a common and comprehensive curriculum at the Virtual Walk-in Academy
- Enhanced employee experience due to reduced downtime, improved productivity, and shorter service windows.
- Concierge-category personalized experience to employees
Apart from the 4 traditional support channels such as phone, chat, web and email, Wipro’s Virtual Walk-In is the digitized touch service support for employees to experience human support virtually.
This offering is vastly beneficial to enterprises which are spread across a large geographical area or a cluster with smaller groups of employees or even branches across small towns, retail stores, large campuses with multiple blocks and research facilities where downtime can prove expensive.
The support comprises the following elements:
- Use of existing in-band remote management tools
- Wipro TruRemote out of band remote management powered by Intel vPro
- Integrated video kiosk with Smart Locker capabilities and chat bots
- Leveraging of existing client investments on tools & platforms and infrastructure
- Remote Expert Desk operations through proven delivery methodologies
As a result of the integrated solution of Virtual Walk-In the customer can seek to achieve:
- Reduced ticket hops between support teams
- Scheduled and planned field visits only when necessary
- Simplified demand fulfilment process
- Reduced cost of field support operations
- Human touch service through a virtual support model.
Would you like to explore how Wipro's Virtual Walk-In can benefit your organization?