Client: US-based multinational energy company
Industry: Oil & Gas
Area of Operations: Worldwide
Number of Employees: Over 45000
Products & Services: Petroleum, petrochemicals and natural gas
A Fortune 500 organization, driven by the values of responsible operations, execution excellence and technology innovation, was facing challenges in adhering to their vision as their current systems and processes were becoming outdated, and accurate tracking of lubricants was proving to be difficult. They wanted to implement product batch traceability and setup smart warehouse operations to keep up with the ever-evolving demands of their clients. They were looking for a technology partner who could help them in effectively designing and implementing a phase-wise transformation solution addressing their key challenge areas i.e. product batch traceability, supply chain transparency, lubricant tracking, and after-sales service.
Wipro stepped in as the preferred partner and initiated smart warehouse operations for the client. MS Azure was chosen for IaaS and PaaS solution deployment.
Solution involved integration of multiple systems and hardware like MS Azure, Azure Data factory, local plant server database, hand-held scanners, hand-held computers, mobile application platform, QR code printers, SAP EWM, data collection agent programs, tower lamps, SAP MII, and PCN network.
A Lubricant Track and Trace solution was implemented. Its capabilities included:
- Exchange of data (production order, batch details, plant details, batch start and end details etc) bi-directionally between SAP and Azure
- Mapping production order, batch, plant etc to QR code
- Mapping pails to pallets
- Pallet inbound and outbound operations from the warehouse
- Hand-held application for 3rd party warehouse/retailers/ for inbound warehouse operations
- End user product verification by QR code scan.