Covid-19 pandemic is impacting people and enterprises globally. The top priority for enterprises is to keep employees, clients and partners safe, and take all possible actions to ensure a smooth transition through this tough phase.
As an initial step, the need is to quickly prepare ourselves for uninterrupted business operations. For many organizations, however, the challenge is the lack of necessary tools and technology for enabling effective and collaborative work from remote locations.
Remote working made simple and efficient with the right solutions
Virtualization and digital workspace solutions help drive business continuity.
The need of the hour is a solution that provides the remote workforce quick and secure access to the enterprise’s critical applications and data – both for businesses having an existing VDI environment and those without one. The employees should be able to access these resources safely using company-issued or personal devices and with the best of technology platforms across cloud and on premises infrastructures.
Apart from providing secure access to enterprise applications and data from home, the focus should be on user experience, which is a key element in ensuring productivity due to the inherent challenges with network etc. while employees are working from home.
Wipro’s Rapid Employee Connect Solution, built on Wipro virtuadesk™- a Desktop as a Service solution, provides all of these capabilities to enable efficient remote working.
A case in point
A global financial services company empowered its workforce with a remote, secure and mobile working environment leveraging Wipro’s Rapid Employee Connect Solution built using Citrix and Microsoft technologies.
The global uncertainty due to the Covid-19 pandemic was threatening business continuity and employee safety. The financial services company wanted to respond quickly to this situation thereby ensuring smooth and efficient business as usual. The underlying challenges were:
- Faster and secure deployment was crucial
- IT infrastructure was unstable and costly to scale
- Inability to upgrade their customers to latest technologies and the involved high cost of maintenance
We leveraged virtuadesk, with its complete desktop virtualization solution built on cloud architecture principles and the latest hardware components, to achieve business as usual through remote execution of operations.
- Wipro deployed its virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution for 40,000 users across 4 different regions
- Improved user experience through robust monitoring and agile provisioning
- Enabled remote working for additional 50,000 physical desktop users across the globe through Remote PC by installing Citrix virtual desktop agents on all desktops
- Currently provide secure remote access to 90,000 users across the globe
- All users are integrated with Multi Factor Authentication for secure access
As a result of this solution, which takes only 1-2 weeks to setup for 1000 users initially and thereafter 1 business day for every 1000 users, the financial services company
- Enabled employees to work remotely within secure environment in 2-3 days
- Enabled 30% cost savings on account of closely aligning demand and provisioning in a consumption-based model
- Ensured efficient and productive business continued as usual
For more information or to talk with our experts about how we can help you transition to remote working, please reach out to email@example.com