Enterprises today face new and ever-growing challenges as unprecedented change drives the critical need for agility and resilience. This change is not only forcing organizations to re-think their whole business strategy; it’s fast-tracking digital transformation and the adoption of more agile, secure, and intelligent infrastructures.
IDC recently predicted that in 2022, enterprises focused on digital resilience will adapt to disruption 50% faster than those fixated on restoring existing business/IT resilience practices. So, for any forward-thinking enterprise, building resilience is essential to enabling competitive advantage, which is only achievable with real-time, data-driven insight.
By 2023, 60% of organizations will have started to implement DataOps programs to reduce the number of data and analytics errors by 80%, increasing trust in analytic outcomes and the efficiency of Gen D workers. Additionally, 50% of organizations will adopt a “data supermarket” strategy to unify data storage, access, and governance capabilities to deliver a consistent data experience and maximize data value.2
We’ve explored how boundaryless data storage and autonomous operation in digital transformation are now the driving force behind the data-centric approach enterprises need to take.
Preparing for exponential data growth
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated data growth globally, leading to a rapid increase in data consumption and fuelling the continued evolution of the Global DataSphere that’s dominating the 21st-century enterprise. According to IDC:
- The Global Datasphere is experiencing tremendous growth and is predicted to grow from 33 Zettabytes (ZB) in 2018 to 175 ZB by 20253.
- More than 59 ZB data will be created, captured, copied, and consumed globally in 20214.
- Growth is forecast to continue through 2024 with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26%5.
Monetize and modernize: Data storage ecosystem
Enterprises have an opportunity to harness the power of data; it is now crucial to their success. But an old solution can’t be integrated into a single server room – data isn’t something that can easily be packed in a box. That’s where the data storage ecosystem plays a significant role.
To harness the true potential, the underlying storage should:
- Use Evergreen™ technology, removing the need for disruptive upgrades and refreshes
- Monetize the right commercial value with an actual pay-as-you-grow model
Many businesses are on the path to digital transformation to enable agility and flexibility while reducing complexity and time to market. Cloud is increasingly becoming the preferred route for embarking on this journey, but CIOs need the ability to select the cloud that meets specific workload requirements related to data storage performance and services.
Wipro’s autonomous storage operation powered by Pure Storage accelerates digital transformation with a multi-cloud infrastructure that supports enterprise objectives. It’s creating transformational impact with the ability to offer full-scale autonomy, enhanced SLAs, and efficiency:
- Simplicity: Complete automation means businesses can regulate internal functions and operations autonomously.
- Data-driven opportunity: Customers can make more informed decisions using AI algorithms to learn from data.
- Improved efficiency and performance: Next-level efficiencies, such as performance optimization, can be achieved via global network intelligence.
Wipro and Pure Storage®: Driving business outcomes
According to IDC, by 2022, strategic partnerships will be formed between 40% of market-leading IT and OT vendors to deliver a holistic solution. For customers, this is set to reduce integration and deployment costs by 20%6.
Wipro and Pure are already achieving this strategic partnership to offer compelling, cost-effective, managed environments. Wipro brings leading knowledge and experience in driving outcome-based transformation, from consulting to end-to-end strategy execution with a technology infrastructure engineered as a service in a hybrid cloud ecosystem. Pure brings the simplicity, flexibility, and efficiency to maximize results for enterprise and cloud-native web-scale applications on-premises and in the public cloud.
Together, Wipro and Pure give organizations the capability to transform digitally and drive outcomes: improving time to market, achieving the “first time right” approach, improving flexibility and agility, and driving cost optimization. The joint solution provides:
- Enterprise-class service: Built on a unified data infrastructure with intelligent management and improved control.
- Improved agility: Leveraged by Wipro Service Theatre, the BLDM expands beyond traditional data centers to programmatically drive infrastructure operations.
- End-to-end data capabilities: Across a choice of endpoints, including edge, on-premises, and multi-cloud environments.
- Execution at speed: BLDM creates an ecosystem designed for the modern enterprise and automates everything as a code.
- Lower TCO of up to 30%
- 60% more efficiency
- 30-40% productivity increase
- 60-85% increase in efficiency of reusable assets
- Reduces time to market by 50-90%