Client: A large women’s university
Employees: Over 5000
As a women-only university, the client wanted to secure its premises for its female students by digitizing people and asset tracking and monitoring across its premises. The client also wanted to control the movement of male personnel within the restricted zones, while also check the entry of public into any unauthorized area.
Wipro assumed end-to-end ownership of IT and non-IT systems to deploy a customized security application for the client.
Key highlights of the solution:
- Installed an assigning station at the administrative building to help administrators authorize people tags using the digital security application
- People tags assigned to any external person such as technician or worker were only handed out at the security gate, which was located at the main gate of the university
- Created a floor map (with all major locations defined) within the application to help administrators define zones, as needed
- Programmed the application to generate exception alarms when personnel entered any unauthorized areas
- Enabled asset tracking inside the facility’s buildings so that administrators could pin-point the location of any asset on the floor map of the facility
Wipro’s end-to-end asset tracking and monitoring solution enabled the client to track the IT/non-IT assets in the campus and make the university campus more secure for students.
Security and safety benefits included:
- Significant improvement in accident prevention due to bolstered capability to stop unauthorized entry and movement of personnel or any IT/ non-IT asset
- Easy tracking and identification of personnel present in the university premises
- Area-wise time-based access to male staff and visitors within the restricted zones of the campus and buildings
- Continuous tracking and monitoring of visitors, security staff, and male staff, and 17500 IT and non-IT assets in the campus
- 24x7 IT helpdesk availability for uninterrupted user experience
“With the implementation of the end-to-end asset and personnel tracking/monitoring system, the client significantly improved premise safety and security, and also improved asset life by providing IT/non-IT asset lifecycle management.”
Ashish Khare, General Manager, IoT - Cloud & Infrastructure Services, Wipro