Client: A leading communication service provider
Products/Services: Mobile, fixed, and broadband internet services
Area of operations: Asia and Africa
Employees: Over 15,000
A secure and efficient network is crucial to boost performance and ensure mobility. However, with an increasing number of devices connecting to the internet, the client felt challenged in meeting the growing network demand and provide native IP security support. They needed to find a way to create efficient and secure packet processing and routing.
At the same time, the client also wanted to quickly develop enhanced visibility for data control teams and be compliant with critical regulatory mandates. Improving network for IPv6-only new-age IoT devices and expanding beyond expensive IPv4 network was also crucial to reduce cost and enhance the customer experience.
The client, therefore, was looking to implement and launch IPv6 support for the mobile network.
Wipro leveraged a dual-stack technology where IPv4 and IPv6 could co-exist during the initial phase deployment. The network was gradually transitioned to native IPv6 to enable a robust and secure IPv6 ready mobile network.
Key highlights of the implementation include:
- Coordinated with multiple vendors and diverse teams across the organization
- Performed As-Is assessment and gap analysis of the current network
- Created a transformation plan, finalized the design and implemented network design
- Deployed the solution while ensuring testing and network monitoring for a seamless go-live
- Provided product support for IPv6 deployment for mediation and provisioning components
- Replicated rules for IPv6 traffic for implementing marketing products identification
The implementation of the IPv6 ready mobile network solution helped the telecommunications company become future-ready. It helped build a futuristic, reliable, secure, and faster mobile data experience for new-age devices.
It helped the client:
- Address hierarchical network structure
- Become 5G ready
- Boost performance and security
- Enable easy administration
- Ensure mobility with MIPv6
- Reduce complexity without Network Address Translation
- Augment old technology hardware
- Be ready for new age IoT devices