Client: A leading UK based bank
Industry: Banking and Financial Services
Area of operations: UK
Size: Over 1,000 VDI users
Revenue: More than GBP 400 million
With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdowns, the client had to quickly set up remote work solutions for all critical users who were part of the offshore testing team. The client did not have VDI solutions and shipping physical laptops to the offshore team was a cumbersome task. In addition, they had to ensure a reliable and secure remote working ecosystem for the vendors. Partnering with a key service provider was the need of the hour.
The client partnered with Wipro to leverage Wipro’s Windows Desktop Virtual solution. To address the challenge, Wipro’s team analyzed and evaluated the existing capacity and proposed the Rapid Employee Access Solution. It was a remote, fast and secure solution that enabled Desktop as a Service (DaaS) on cloud using the Azure WVD native environment. Besides, the Wipro team leveraged the Azure environment and set up the VDI service in the cloud - building, creating and publishing the VDI image with Windows 10 multi-session.
Wipro’s intuitive solution enabled seamless business continuity for the client with minimal disruption to services, ensuring superior customer experience. Benefits of the solution included:
- Secure remote access: The solution enabled secure work from home provision for over 1,000 users with easy access to all relevant applications
- Highly scalable platform: The scalable and reliable platform enabled employees and users to leverage BYOD model
- Easy logistics: The BYOD model eliminated the need to ship laptops remotely
- Flexible cloud solutions: Pay-as-you-go model for cloud solutions enabled a high degree of flexibility and agility
- Reliable support: Azure WVD enabled easy resolution of issues including user provisioning, troubleshooting and Citrix application related issues