There are many reasons why more and more Canadian utilities companies are looking to new technologies and improved customer relationships to transform their businesses.
Some of these include a unique combination of pressures:
- Increased competition and regulation
- Economy and market volatility
- Pricing pressure
- Operations and performance variability
- Growing customer and stakeholder expectations
Canadian utilities companies face additional ongoing risks that can impact productivity and revenue, including:
- Existing and changing compliance and regulatory requirements
- Uncertainty around climate policy and carbon pricing
- Aging workforce
- Competition for talent
- Inefficient use of systems and technologies
While there is no way to eliminate these pressures and risks, forward-thinking Canadian utilities companies are doing more than just investing in IT solutions; they are focusing on implementation planning with an emphasis on organizational input and adoption. This approach helps utilities companies address and manage industry risks, and to become more competitive and profitable.
These companies know that strategic operational transformations can decrease both operational inefficiencies and costs, and increase both margin and competitiveness; they are better prepared and better able to adapt to both internal and external risks.
Learn about Wipro’s utilities solutions and transformative services.