Regardless of the type, location or size of an oil and gas operation or project, the Canadian oil and gas industry depends on the successful integration and adoption of technologies and business process solutions to operate efficiently, effectively and increase profitability.
By ensuring the right technologies and business processes are in place, Canadian oil and gas companies are better able to share information and mitigate industry risks including:
- Managing increasing costs related to operations, administration, labour and capital
- Maintaining margins due to market volatility, global competition and changing supply & demand trends
- Maintaining knowledge and expertise while facing skilled labour shortages due to an aging workforce, low unemployment and scare resources with extensive domain experience
- Meeting new and evolving regulations
- Maximizing and optimizing asset-intensive processes and efficiencies
- Investment in new technologies
- Shifting priorities based on alternative oil and gas solutions
While there is no way to eliminate these pressures and risks, forward-thinking Canadian oil and gas companies are doing more than just investing in IT solutions; they are focusing on implementation planning with a focus on organizational input and adoption.
This approach helps oil and gas companies address and manage industry risks, and to become more competitive and profitable.
Even when faced with declining oil prices, these companies know that strategic operational transformations can decrease both operational inefficiencies and costs, and increase both margin and competitiveness; they are better prepared and better able to adapt to both internal and external risks.
Learn about Wipro’s oil and gas solutions and transformative services.