Climate change impacts the global agriculture and food systems in multiple ways-reducing yield and earnings, creating distribution inefficiencies, reducing food quality, safety and degrading nutritional value. Agribusiness and food companies face the additional challenge of making food available for the extra 2 billion people by 2050.
To meet these challenges, companies are increasingly implementing new technologies and sustainability practices to reduce their impact on the planet and protect people. Wipro's integrated sustainability solutions help organizations build equitable and resilient food systems that create a positive impact on farmers, consumers, communities and the planet.
Wipro’s approach across the farm-to-fork value chain addresses the environmental, economic and social aspects of sustainability. Digital solutions and tools measure greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions for reporting/compliance purposes and GHG-reduction capabilities, while strong technology and domain expertise accelerates sustainability initiatives and achieves scale.
- ESG reporting, carbon/GHG/energy management, operational risk management, product safety and stewardship
- Reducing emissions across operations and supply chain for a lower carbon footprint; achieve circular where possible
- IoT-based capabilities for smart farms, smart factories and buildings, waste and water management, smart energy management, smart mobility and logistics and enabling energy data collection
- Sustainable product, packaging and services design
- Augmented transparency – track and trace, sustainable sourcing/packaging
- Employee/supplier engagement