Client name: Sensis
Industry type: Digital advertising agency
Core business: Search engine marketing and optimization services, website products, social, data and mapping solutions
As the customer’s order processing flow in its Customer Operations Group was not streamlined, the agents managing the process were being aligned to multiple work types. This regular change in work type and the convoluted processes caused a backlog in each work type. It was also getting difficult to identify the changes that needed to be applied and whether other changes were sitting with the agents and pending an update.
The agents had to work on individual orders received for the same customer through different work types. This was a time-consuming process and did not solve the purpose of updating the customer details with the latest information and an increasing backlog could negatively impact customer satisfaction.
Wipro partnered with Sensis and introduced a Backlog Management Plan in which the backlog management file enables users to prioritize the latest update. This allows users to reduce/action backlog and update the customer’s content at any given time.
- The Plan is an ongoing activity in which workload volume assigned in the client’s system is exported and divided into different files and assigned to individual users to action
- Individual users select all of the customer’s updates from the assigned spreadsheet and action the latest request
- Once latest updates are made for the customer, users will close the latest as well as backdated orders simultaneously, which reduces backlog
- Users also managed to close all the related orders in much less time compared to when they were working on it individually, which also reduced backlogs significantly
With the implementation of the backlog management plan and introduction of standardized work instruction, the project yielded the below benefits.
- 20% productivity improvement
- Capacity creation of 7 FTEs, translating to BVM of USD 145,626/annum
- Reduction in pre-existing backlog
- Faster TAT for cases
“Working with Wipro to tackle this problem involved getting together with frontline staff, team leaders, process analysts and business SME’s to process map and understand the steps taken to fulfil various requests. This allowed for the identification of handoff points and customer confirmation calls which brought about process changes to remove these bottlenecks whilst arranging the data in a more meaningful and logical way to attain efficiency gains.
These processes have been implemented and proven to work, providing satisfaction to end users, customers, the business and the team processing these orders because everyone can see the instant benefits of accurate and up-to-date data without the need to double- or triple-handle a request.
Great work to the team at Wipro for tackling the problem at hand, for their dedication to finding the solution and holding their staff members accountable throughout the process.”
- Aaron Bonello, Data Operations Manager, Sensis