- Client name: Offshore drilling and equipment company
- Industry: Offshore drilling
- Products or Services: Oilfield services, lease and operations of semi-submersible and jack up drilling rigs, and drill ships
- Total annual revenue: $3.088 B in 2019
The client had a large volume of service planning manuals (SPMs) across the fleet, most of which was not in digital format. This made it difficult to manage information as well as making it impossible for engineers to troubleshoot and handle operations effectively without tacit knowledge from its senior workforce that is due for retirement soon.
The other challenge was that generic documents were largely ineffective at helping engineers troubleshoot operations because valuable data was either missing or outdated.
The company faced an imminent risk of losing valuable expertise while also being unable to access this vital information when needed.
The Wipro technical publications team carried out a due diligence, mapped the information landscape and user journeys, and designed a content management system that was effective and useful. The team worked with the document owners to convert the content into professional technical documents and uploaded them onto the customer database with all relevant attributes.
As part of this process, the team did the following:
- Formulated the documentation standards to be followed.
- Restructured the existing content for technical accuracy and information flow.
- Edited the documents for language, formatting, and standards adherence.
- Maintained the documents in the customer database.
- Cleaned redundant content from the customer database.
The Content Management System created by Wipro was highly searchable, accessible and readable. The team curated and consolidated over 3000 documents into a single sourced content management system. The team also interviewed over 200 SMEs to gather tacit information that was not captured earlier. The consolidated content management platform was enhanced with metadata tagging for SEO optimization.
This led to 100% consistency and brand compliance in the documentation, along with a 60% reduction in time taken to locate required information. Also, the content was re-purposed to train new operators on rig management, bringing down training and maintenance costs.