A leading IT storage solutions provider offers 100% accurate tech documentation in a variety of relevant formats, thus increasing product usability and reducing support calls by 35%
The Fortune 500 company with over 70,000 employees is a leading provider of IT storage hardware solutions, converged systems, and Cloud computing services. The $20+ billion corporation caters to data storage, data management and data protection needs of businesses.
Along with innovations in technology and product consumption, there are also changes in the way users consume content and product information. Product content now needs to be in-time, on-need-basis, and published on a variety of hand-held devices, providing information on the go.
The client wanted a technical documentation partner who could handle the product content in an end-to-end manner – this meant, understanding the product landscape and designing content, editing, and finally publishing it on a variety of output formats. The client also wanted solutions that could help manage content in a more cohesive and effective manner, reducing content overload and improving content reach to users in a contextual manner.
Wipro built a team of content specialists who took ownership of the various aspects of the content life cycle.
- The team of specialist product writers analyzed the product landscape and worked on designing and developing the content
- The illustration team worked extensively on designing infographics and illustrations for better information articulation
- The editorial team worked on various levels of content editing, which included reviews, copy editing, production editing, and pre-publication editing
- The publishing team worked on publishing the end content onto varied formats required by users
Additionally, the Wipro team also designed a Single-Sourcing solution that enabled the client to manage content better, reduced redundancy of content, and allowed publishing of content in a user-based and role-based manner from a single content source. The team also generated content in tune with industry standards by publishing in mobile devices (ePub documentation), playbooks etc.
- The single-sourcing solution helped the client reduce content overload and increased content reuse by 20% YoY
- It enabled contextual and need-based information to be disseminated to end users
- Accurate and timely technical documentation helped reduce support calls by 35%
- The editing standards and checklists developed by the Wipro team were adopted by the client as the standard for all future documentation
- The illustration and graphic guidelines designed for the client were also implemented as the standards for future releases