- Client name: US based consumer electronics firm.
- Industry: Consumer Electronics.
- Products: Connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation, and connected services.
- Geography: Global.
- Who are their customers: Top automobile companies like BMW, Cadillac, Ford, Lexus, Tata, Toyota, Volvo, Jeep, Hyundai, etc.
- Total annual revenue: $8.8B and 30K employees.
The client owned a vast portfolio of over 7,500 patents, translating into inventor activity tracking in more than ten countries. This was both process-intensive and cumbersome, as it required monitoring and processing external mail correspondence, tracking billing activities of patent portfolios, and coordinating with multiple law firms across countries.
Wipro’s solution proposed:
- IDS validation, tracking, updating, and maintaining of the status of each invention in an Anaqua database.
- Continuous and regular reports and updates on the client’s patent data set (7500+ patents) for sending weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. The types of reports included:
- End to end statistics on all inventions, pending applications, and granted patents.
- Reports on active and expired utility and design patents.
- Internal IPR board approval, patent filing, and maintenance reports.
- Report on assets approved for sale, licensing, and under review for monetization.
- Creating, tracking, and monitoring Anaqua accounts for all inventors (35000+), attorneys, and paralegal staff in various countries.
- Email tracking of provisional applications, non-provisional prosecution, and a notice of allowance mails from various patent offices.
- Creating a Serengeti billing tracker for each pending and granted patent, and monitoring their billing activities every month, at the various stages of each patent.
- Regular communication with attorneys in various countries, and reviewing, docketing, and auditing law firm emails and invoices in Anaqua and Serengeti databases.
- Auditing to include end to end patent status monitoring, maintenance activity monitoring, and foreign filings’ status updating at the end of each quarter.
Over seven years, Wipro has delivered more than 1,000 such reports.
Using our services, the customer achieved:
- >60% cost saving on patent paralegal support services.
- Effective patent lifecycle management from ideas to annuities, etc.
- Quick and accurate data docketing and processing, with a low turnaround time.
- Simplified solutions for tracking of invoices for all patent families, both individually and as a whole.
- Centralized monitoring of inventor activities, loyalties, awards, and remuneration.
- Hassle-free coordination between law firms with a single tracker system across various countries.