The client company provides web mapping services for automobile and pedestrian navigation. It was in the process of building and launching the next generation of dynamic and interactive mapping services.
While the client had multiple software products and tools, it still faced challenges, like an underdeveloped mapping product with incorrect geocoding across geographies, and unmapped, incomplete and unchecked vector data, transit routes, and point of interest (POI)/area of interest (AOI) data. Moreover, there was a dearth of relevant resources with a quality score less than 78%.
The client, on an urgent basis, needed Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experts who could enhance their functional capabilities across Map Editing, Quality Assurance, and Review and Policy Management, to help them go live across specific geographies within 11 months.
Wipro assisted the client with analysis, POI and transit route curation leveraging our GIS platform, map editing tools and skilled workforce. Wipro, as a partner, brought in these advantages:
- A Support Team that included experts which had set up global help desk for a large global maps provider, experts who have designed POI processes ground up, and POI data quality SMEs
- Wipro’s GIS academy that ensured all candidates were trained on new GIS tools and updated on client policies
- Wipro’s swift hiring approach that ensured batch 1 went live within a week of the SoW being signed – Average GIS experience of the team was 3.5 years
- Wipro’s in-built quality review process, dispute resolution process, and adherence to industry best practices
- Wipro’s previous exposure to handling similar advanced GIS process for multiple vendors globally
- Wipro’s prowess in setting up multilingual operations in India
Services provided included:
For Map Editing: Research, data research and curation. This included Map geometry editing, Customer Report a Problem (RAP), Transit curation, AOI curation and Pedestrian curation. For Quality Assurance: Defining, measuring and improving quality, bringing QA and Meta QA together for validation
For Review and Policy Management: Policy and content review management including guidelines and rules management, conflict resolutions, RAP-related resolutions etc.
Build quality dashboards to provide audit views
Set in place a reporting and business review plan
Implement a detailed plan for on-boarding, training, and performance management
Set up the first Nordic, European, Persian and Asian language GIS support hub in India
Wipro provided 25 GIS experts in the span of five days to help meet client’s timeline and quality needs. The client launched the rebuilt mapping services at the stipulated time with enhanced features and better navigation.
- Quality score for POI, transit area curation, venue curation, geocoding, navigation rose to 98%
- Meta quality score became 99%
- 12% increase in productivity within 2 weeks of Go Live
- Maps enriched with high quality geocoding, curation and validation
- Maps enriched with voice and web validated transit area routes
- Ground Truth data collection and automated analysis of vendor data basis results
- 12% increase in maps data quality within two months of deployment