- Client: Leading UK based Telecom Company
- Industry type: Telecom
- Products or Services : Mobile Telephony, Internet Services
- Geography: United Kingdom
- Annual revenue: £1,658 million (2018)
The UK-based telecom company was not seeing ROI (Return on Investment) from click to chat channel. They were an early adopter of the channel and there were key challenges, such as lack of a clear chat success criteria and measurement mechanism. Additionally, the Average Speed of Answer (ASA) was low leading to 30%+ abandonment.
Their high Average Handling Time (AHT) of 12 minutes was affecting user experience due to delay in resolutions. This was one of the major factors contributing to the low Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 2.9.
Our approach to improve customer experience involved transitioned and stabilized operations – low risk lift and shift. We provided,
- Recommendation of new chat platform with advanced features
- Migration from click to chat to dynamic chat with proactive invite management
- We performed chat transcript analysis to identify reasons for high AHT and (Customer Satisfaction) CSAT and introduced pre-chat form and exit survey
- Deployed skill, issue and availability-based chat to bring down the ASA drastically and improve First Call Resolution (FCR)
- Deployed assisted chat – Natural Language Processing (NLP)-based chat to cut down AHT
- Deployed virtual agent to handle routine queries that were high in volume, but low in value promoting self service