- Client - American multinational technology company
- Industry type - Internet
- Products or services - Web based products, development tools, mobile applications etc.
- Areas of operations - Worldwide
- Annual revenue - US $136.8 billion (2018)
The company was witnessing a significant amount of manual processing and rework in its processes that affected its operational efficiency. Its existing processes had high dependency on human validation for map operations, making them error prone. The technology company was also facing issues with map data quality and accuracy, leading to escalations and customer dissatisfaction.
Wipro's geospatial services offering includes creation, support and maintenance to provide map data services to the client for their navigation apps and location analytics services etc. Our solution for the customer included:
- A proposed model of integrated curations for navigation maps to enhance efficiency
- Suggestion and implementation of automation play in annotating objects like traffic, emergency vehicle and text on sign boards, reducing manual processing by 20%
- Creation of map ops and data conflation framework for the customer
- Faster GTM and delivery of high accuracy map data through our IP based AI/ML tools
Using the Wipro solution, the client optimized its map operations.
The business impact resulting from the solution included: