Client: Leading global GDS and travel technology company
Key Products & Services: Level 1 helpdesk (standard & premier support) - functional support of travel, assistance on applications/platforms, frontline technical support. Level 2 global service operations, crisis management, escalation support, data migration team, knowledge content management services, post-editing services, learning developers’ services.
Areas of Operation: Asia Pacific, Europe
The client had a clear objective of managing customer operations efficiently while continuing to focus on the core objective of expansion, return on investment to investors, and adding value to the travel ecosystem. The ultimate goal was:
- Cost reduction through offshoring
- Enhancing levels of customer experience & quality
- Greater visibility through real-time reporting
- Consolidation of multiple satellite sites.
Leveraging the available expertise around processes, technologies, workforce, automation, analysis, research and development, Wipro provided solutions to meet the objective of the customer.
- Consolidation of 15 languages in 3 delivery locations for the customer
- Standardized reporting mechanism which was a pain point for the customer
- Cross-skilling of resources across GDS services
- Target result achieved of consolidation to high-quality delivery centers, which in turn resulted in a reduction of support costs and significant head count savings of USD 600k+ annually for the customer
- The solution’s implementation meant an efficient support service landscape and a transparent governance structure for the customer
- Channel optimization initiatives were implemented, leading to reduced inefficiencies by optimizing operating windows
- 20% FTEs were cross-skilled resulting in USD 200k annual savings and enhanced customer satisfaction