Wipro helped UK’s leading communication infrastructure provider standardize its order management process with robotic process automation, thus enabling early revenue realization by about 300 hours and cost reduction by about £1.4 million
The client is one of UK’s leading communication infrastructure providers. It supports telephone, internet, data and television services of over 550 service providers for businesses and homes. It maintains network that covers a customer base of 30 million, enabling more than 290 million telephone calls and 340 million Internet connections per day.
Telecommunications is an extremely competitive space – innovations and the ability to expand remains a pressing need of every service provider. With almost everything moving towards “Internet of things”, it adds pressure on the telecom providers to be agile and flexible. Cost and margins being the major decision making elements, all the service providers are turning towards innovation-driven back office processes.
To stay ahead of competition, the client wanted to reposition itself as a customer-centric organization with highly efficient back office processes. To start with, their Order Management (OM) system was unstructured. There were non-value-add processes which built on the cost and also delayed the order delivery. Hence, the client decided to find a co-sourcing partner to transform its OM side of the business. They understood the importance of process centralization/harmonization across geographies to reduce lead time.
Our partnership with the client aimed at not only improving but also transforming its OM process by leveraging robotic process automation (RPA). By deploying this innovative technology, we migrated all back office processes into robotic systems to ensure substantial reduction in the processing time and elimination of any unnecessary wait time in the process.
The transformation project included:
- Feasibility study to ascertain the compatibility of the applications used with RPA
- Identification and classification of all request types based on activity under two categories: Order Management and Service Assurance
- Determination of standard processes for each activity type: To enable this, Level-4 details of all processes were drawn and compared to identify non-standard steps
- Application of robotic programming to each of the identified queues to ensure flawless execution
Flawless execution of funding with automation and process improvements led to complete control over loss due to delays and helped enhance the client’s reputation.
- Reputational risk was minimized significantly
- Cost incurred by the client in paying compensation to agents/borrowers was reduced to nil from $31,000