Many of the client’s internal business processes like invoices and bank statements involved file transfers and were running on legacy technology which lacked the agility required to support new requirements. The client had to invest time and resources to load each invoice file in their legacy system manually. Complex interfaces and absence of standardized management of trading partners were having an impact on business agility. They needed a global technology service provider who could help them transform to faster business processes and optimize their operational costs.
As part of client’s digital transformation journey, their existing file transfer system was replaced with a secure and scalable platform. Wipro displayed a deep understanding of client’s business priorities and challenges, and implemented its Cloud-based Managed File Transfer as-a-Service (MFTaaS) solution to eliminate manual intervention in key internal business processes. The solution directly collects invoice files from the client’s payables and receivables department, merges all individual files into a single consolidated file, and auto-uploads those invoices back to the client system.
Now, invoices are loaded into the legacy table faster—at scheduled times during the day. The users know the exact time at which they need to look for the invoices and this ensures proper time management.
The solution is built on a ready-to-deploy AWS Cloud and uses multi-tenant architecture to ensure business agility and a future-ready enterprise.
- Automated the loading process of payable and receivable invoices into client system using web services
- Provided a comprehensive error handling mechanism to capture and report real-time application and system errors with the help of MFTaaS audit tracking system and email service via SMTP
- In-process automation enhanced the retry mechanism to overcome any intermittent network disruptions and minimized manual intervention to reprocess failed messages
- Enabled secure data transfer through digital encryption
- Over 90% reduction in time to load the invoice into client legacy system
- The data transfer is now faster, reliable and secure through digital encryption
- 100% accuracy of invoice matching and eliminated the need of manual intervention
- Over 50% reduction in investment required to support
- 100% compilation check with real-time tracking of the entire process using enhanced error-handling mechanism
- Lowered the lifecycle costs, improved efficiency in the supply chain management, and accelerated application integration implementations